• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: House Prices

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "House Prices"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Brut... I have an unopened bottle of same somewhere, gently decaying away.

It ain't 'Enry.

Yeah.

Right.
    That's it, Brut.

I shared a room on a football tour once with a bloke who splashed it all over. Woke up one morning heaving after breathing it all night.

I think Keegan advertised it too.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Wasn't there one called Denim or Magnum or something similar?
    Indeed: Denim for Men

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    And that one you "splash it all over" - what was it again?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Now what we need is smell-a-rama-net...

Where's the Charlie Red option?
    Yes, we could have done with a few more perfume options.

Although we must be careful, I'm old enough to remember Hi Karate...

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    I prefer the Chanel, personally.
    Now what we need is smell-a-rama-net...

Where's the Charlie Red option?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Well, I am not sure that it's only a matter of confidence and belief in house prices. History shows us that house price crashes happen when people expect them least and are a combination of several factors (not alwas the same ones either).
    Poor old Francko. Still bitter that you didn't make any money in Uk property, eh?
    Now condemned to rent a studio in Switzerland for the rest of your days..

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    You're getting very warm Old Greg. The housing crash will occur when AtW argues that he now believes a housing crash will never occur.

It is similar to carrying an umbrella; statistically it rains less if you remember to take your brolly with you.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Well, I am not sure that it's only a matter of confidence and belief in house prices. History shows us that house price crashes happen when people expect them least and are a combination of several factors (not alwas the same ones either).
    In that case, if we want to learn the lessons of history, as long as we keep expecting a house price crash, it will never happen.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Yes, but Rive Gauche is more subtle.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I prefer the Chanel, personally.

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    After September 11th, fear of recession drove central banks to lower interest rates and thus the era of cheap money arrived.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    House prices stuttered after September 11th, the boom started to gain momentum again in 2003

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Does anyone remember if house prices went down after the 11th of Sept 2001?
    Prices went shooting up. Everybody is like, forget this travel business way too risky, tourists are for heros. No we'll stay at home and build an extensions instead. When the war on terror is won prices will go down in the UK. France will be uneffected they don't pick fights with anyone.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied

Does anyone remember if house prices went down after the 11th of Sept 2001?

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    A house is only worth what someone will pay for it. One reason alone. Take away that reason and Seems like a pretty poor reason to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X