• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Snacks of Yesteryear"

Collapse

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by fzbucks View Post
    never see the white dog eggs anymore either
    Or those with lolly sticks and spent matches stuck into them, to make a dog turd hedgehog. Ah! Yesteryear!

Leave a comment:

• fzbucks
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    "I used to like the eggs that had a couple of pieces of marshmallow seperated by some soft caramel. Splendid straight out of the freezer!!!"

So brown eggs with chewy bits in them. Sure they were not those eggs the dog laid!
    never see the white dog eggs anymore either

Leave a comment:

• fzbucks
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    Used to able to buy a cracker, a Dairy Lea-ish cheese traingle, and a silverskin onion, all packaged-up. For 30p. Came with a Chip Shop-like fork, too. Quality.
    still see them hung on cards in pubs behind the bar - used to sell well in my dads pub - they were the drinking mans pub lunch

Leave a comment:

• fzbucks
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Pacers - stripy mint chewy things.
    And i'm sure there used to be things like crisps, made out of potato but in the shape of little pigs.
    they were called pigglets and were very nice

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    mmm marathon bar

these were gtreat till they became 'snickers'
    still waiting for mars bars to become 'snunderpants'

I used to love those little sherbert flying saucers

who remembers 'sticky lice'

ahhhhhh

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Can anyone remember the name of the Cadbury's chocolate that used to contain honeycomb pieces - similar to crunchie but in a block size as opposed to a bar.
    Goldmine

As seen here

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Can anyone remember the name of the Cadbury's chocolate that used to contain honeycomb pieces - similar to crunchie but in a block size as opposed to a bar.
    "Tooth Cavity Finder", I think.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "I used to like the eggs that had a couple of pieces of marshmallow seperated by some soft caramel. Splendid straight out of the freezer!!!"

So brown eggs with chewy bits in them. Sure they were not those eggs the dog laid!

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Maybe it wasn't marzipan as such, it was sort of coconutty stuff... much better than creme eggs.
    mmm...sounds wonderful Zeity! I'm gonna see if I can get one on eBay

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Maybe it wasn't marzipan as such, it was sort of coconutty stuff... much better than creme eggs.
    I used to like the eggs that had a couple of pieces of marshmallow seperated by some soft caramel. Splendid straight out of the freezer!!!

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Seabrooks make the best crisps.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Part of the whole midget gems thing. Sports and Midget Gems were owned by Lion. They were bought by the people who make Wine Gums - Maynards I think!
    Aye, All part of Cadbury Trebor Bassett.

IIRC they also still make the sherbert & lollipop combos

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Spangles.

Five Boys Chocolate bar.

Fry's Chocolate Egg... (marzipan inside)... mmmmmmmmmmmm...
    Ugh - sorry, but marzipan is SO wrong:-(

Marks and Sparks Spring Onion crisps in the big bags

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Used to able to buy a cracker, a Dairy Lea-ish cheese traingle, and a silverskin onion, all packaged-up. For 30p. Came with a Chip Shop-like fork, too. Quality.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X