• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snacks of Yesteryear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to able to buy a cracker, a Dairy Lea-ish cheese traingle, and a silverskin onion, all packaged-up. For 30p. Came with a Chip Shop-like fork, too. Quality.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Spangles.

Five Boys Chocolate bar.

Fry's Chocolate Egg... (marzipan inside)... mmmmmmmmmmmm...
      Ugh - sorry, but marzipan is SO wrong:-(

Marks and Sparks Spring Onion crisps in the big bags

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        Part of the whole midget gems thing. Sports and Midget Gems were owned by Lion. They were bought by the people who make Wine Gums - Maynards I think!
        Aye, All part of Cadbury Trebor Bassett.

IIRC they also still make the sherbert & lollipop combos

Comment

Seabrooks make the best crisps.

Comment

Maybe it wasn't marzipan as such, it was sort of coconutty stuff... much better than creme eggs.
            I used to like the eggs that had a couple of pieces of marshmallow seperated by some soft caramel. Splendid straight out of the freezer!!!

Comment

Maybe it wasn't marzipan as such, it was sort of coconutty stuff... much better than creme eggs.
              mmm...sounds wonderful Zeity! I'm gonna see if I can get one on eBay

Comment

"I used to like the eggs that had a couple of pieces of marshmallow seperated by some soft caramel. Splendid straight out of the freezer!!!"

So brown eggs with chewy bits in them. Sure they were not those eggs the dog laid!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Can anyone remember the name of the Cadbury's chocolate that used to contain honeycomb pieces - similar to crunchie but in a block size as opposed to a bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Can anyone remember the name of the Cadbury's chocolate that used to contain honeycomb pieces - similar to crunchie but in a block size as opposed to a bar.
                    "Tooth Cavity Finder", I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                      Goldmine

As seen here
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X