• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "To all you lazy quoters"

Collapse

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    OK stop it now.
    That would be premature wouldn't it?

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    OK stop it now.
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    OK stop it now.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    My scroll mouse wheel just had a blowout as I entered the straight on post 25

Idiots

Leave a comment:

• fzbucks
    replied
    <rant> When someone posts a long message on our beloved forum, why do so many feel the need to quote the whole damn thing? I would imagine that *most* of us are clever enough to work out what you are referring to without you having to quote the whole darn message. It's annoying to see thick people quote the (long) original message for no reason but laziness.

If you want to quote something just quote what you believe is relevant to your point and not the whole message. </rant>

Get a scroll mouse and stop whinging - appologies if you have arthritis in your middle finger

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Very nice. I've decided to go for the Focus Cross Expert as my next cycle-related acquisition, opinion would be valued.
    I'll be getting back into cycling in a big way shortly - feel too inactive with this desk-bound IT malarkey.
    Yes, a very nice bike if you can get it for the right price. Personally I've been lusting after the Focus Cross Team, but wish they'd do a titanium framed one. Thinking of getting a Moots frame and then doing the rest of the build to that spec. Wish I'd had one for the Nordic 24, 'cause on my night shift the weather was so bad I ended up carrying the bike quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    How fantastically childish!
    I know, I just couldn't resist

Before everybody else does it for me:

me -> <- everybody

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

Oh and in answer to the question above: not a right lot. Cycling up and down mountains in Crete, tracks are publically available on Motionbased.com Did a real lovely one where I set off from Chania go down the coast through Platanias all the way to Afrata beach then set off south to Samaria gorge, up into the mountains and then down that, get the ferry to the next town down the coast and cycled back. I think I drank 12 litres of water on that one.

Mountain bike racing on Sunday, didn't come last.
    Very nice. I've decided to go for the Focus Cross Expert as my next cycle-related acquisition, opinion would be valued.
    I'll be getting back into cycling in a big way shortly - feel too inactive with this desk-bound IT malarkey.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    How does that work?
    Oooh that's how it works.
    Welcome back Threaded.

Neat feature eh? What are you up to lately?
    <rant> When someone posts a long message on our beloved forum, why do so many feel the need to quote the whole damn thing? I would imagine that *most* of us are clever enough to work out what you are referring to without you having to quote the whole darn message. It's annoying to see thick people quote the (long) original message for no reason but laziness.

If you want to quote something just quote what you believe is relevant to your point and not the whole message. </rant>

Originally posted by Dog_Yoghurt View Post
    hear hear
    ok.
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Not sure I get your point...
    Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    Soo very tempted to quote the above lot and keep a trend going

I agree though

Looks like others have beaten me to it!
    It's easier with this multi-quote thingy.
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Absolutely.
    Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    Agreed.
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    People, if you feel the need to complain about minutia, please don't create a post, then I won't have to waste my time reading it. Just do what most internet warriors would do in real life and mutter your disproval under your breath (for fear of a duffing up)

Oooh it makes me so mad it does
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    ME TOO!!!
    It's terrible and very annoying.
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    See Post #1
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    I completely agree.
    Do you think we can break this?
    Oh I should think so
    Cor, it's a bit of effort doing this - wonder if it'll break across two pages, or if you can multi-quote from previous pages of the thread?
    You're on your own - I cant be arsed
    Pah.

How're ya doing SA? Bored like me? I'm procrastinating-but-have-loadsa-work-to-do at the mo.
    I'm so bored I've just had a browse round Ardesco's forum and was considerring posting

REALLY need to take a gig soon!!!
    You still on the bench? Ah - let yer man look after you for a while, you have to prepare for a wedding after all.
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Hmm, even works across three pages

Oh, and I agree with the following:

Oh and in answer to the question above: not a right lot. Cycling up and down mountains in Crete, tracks are publically available on Motionbased.com Did a real lovely one where I set off from Chania go down the coast through Platanias all the way to Afrata beach then set off south to Samaria gorge, up into the mountains and then down that, get the ferry to the next town down the coast and cycled back. I think I drank 12 litres of water on that one.

Mountain bike racing on Sunday, didn't come last.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Originally posted by Dog_Yoghurt View Post
    hear hear
    ok.
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Not sure I get your point...
    Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    Soo very tempted to quote the above lot and keep a trend going

I agree though

Looks like others have beaten me to it!
    It's easier with this multi-quote thingy.
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Absolutely.
    Agreed.
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    People, if you feel the need to complain about minutia, please don't create a post, then I won't have to waste my time reading it. Just do what most internet warriors would do in real life and mutter your disproval under your breath (for fear of a duffing up)

Oooh it makes me so mad it does
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    ME TOO!!!
    It's terrible and very annoying.
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    See Post #1
    I completely agree.
    Oh I should think so
    Cor, it's a bit of effort doing this - wonder if it'll break across two pages, or if you can multi-quote from previous pages of the thread?
    You're on your own - I cant be arsed
    Pah.

How're ya doing SA? Bored like me? I'm procrastinating-but-have-loadsa-work-to-do at the mo.
    I'm so bored I've just had a browse round Ardesco's forum and was considerring posting

You still on the bench? Ah - let yer man look after you for a while, you have to prepare for a wedding after all.
    How does that work?
    Welcome back Threaded.

Hmm, even works across three pages

Oh, and I agree with the following:

{snip}just quote what you believe is relevant{/snip}

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Welcome back Threaded.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    How does that work?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Pah.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X