• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Privium at AMS - Anyone else use it?"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So you pay extra for less thorough security? Well that's safe then, obviously those terrorists can only afford basic economy and have to bring their own sandwiches.
    Nope. Same security, quicker immigration.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    No issue with nationality.

You need to fill in the form (possible online) and arrange an interview.

There is a guy from immigration who checks your passport and then you get your card issued straight away. Only issue is that you have to make sure you have a couple of hrs free in AMS to do this.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    So you pay extra for less thorough security? Well that's safe then, obviously those terrorists can only afford basic economy and have to bring their own sandwiches.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by realflash View Post
    The website states you need to be Dutch or American to apply. How did you get a card?
    This thread is 3 years old.. .things may change!

are you at the right website, I just checked and can't see any stipulation on nationality

Schiphol - Register Privium membership

Leave a comment:

• realflash
    replied
    Getting Privium

The website states you need to be Dutch or American to apply. How did you get a card?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    well I'm on a daily rate, I guess your on hourly...
    I'm on hourly... strangely at the clients request as they said that extra hours could be the norm later on in the contract

I work in eindhoven though, so i finish at 6pm, get the train to schiphol and the next flight is the 9.10 one

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    damn, I fly back on thursdays usually and not till 9.10
    well I'm on a daily rate, I guess your on hourly...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Monday 0825 from London City, return on Wednesday 1705 to London City, D23 normally. Doing it every other week, except as I'm away I now not going until first week in October.
    damn, I fly back on thursdays usually and not till 9.10

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    might as well resurrect this thread rather than starting a new one

which days do you guys fly out of schiphol?
    Monday 0825 from London City, return on Wednesday 1705 to London City, D23 normally. Doing it every other week, except as I'm away I now not going until first week in October.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    might as well resurrect this thread rather than starting a new one

which days do you guys fly out of schiphol?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Always worthwhile having a beer at the main bar and watching out for the honeys

got it in one!!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Although I do try to get there early so can have a nice sitdown on the other side.
    Always worthwhile having a beer at the main bar and watching out for the honeys

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I go through every other week, between London City and AMS and I'd ecco what SC has just said!!! Although I do try to get there early so can have a nice sitdown on the other side.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    When you go thru the privium line at passport control you get to go through the crew's security check - much much faster and polite too.

Still have to queue with the muppets at the gate though.

D6 by any chance?
    Not always D6 - seems to change every week, was D4 last friday

9.05 to Manchester

You?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    But, does it speed up security checks too? these are always at the gate whenever I fly and there is no apparent special queue for Privium so i just wait till the last minute then go through when there's no queue, and then try and board at the last minute as well.
    When you go thru the privium line at passport control you get to go through the crew's security check - much much faster and polite too.

Still have to queue with the muppets at the gate though.

D6 by any chance?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X