• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Richmond

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Richmond"

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    Fabulous. Many thanks. Loads to look up this afternoon. V.much appreciated one and all.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Some pub suggestions in that neck of the woods.
    Best of the bunch, for me, is The Bridge

The Bridge

The Dove

The Stonemasons Arms

Queens Head

or a bit more up market:

Snows on the Green

River Cafe

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Be different. Take a trip up the Mortlake Road to the Naked Turtle. French bistro atmosphere, serious wine list, good food, live music and the waitresses turn into jazz singers later in the evening.

http://www.londononline.co.uk/restaurant/143/

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Don Fernando's next to the station does really good tapas if that's your cup of tea, failing that McClements in Twickenham (about 5 mins down the road) is really good - but you'll probably have to book:

http://www.restaurant-guide.com/la-b...mcclements.htm

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    The hotel restaurant at the Richmond Gate hotel is quite nice.

Here

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    There is a Gourmet Burger Kitchen in Richmond..

Other than that there are loads of nice restaurants in Richmond

Leave a comment:

• barely_pointless
    replied
    well, if you really want style, then the Bingham on the river would suit, french/european , good bar, none of this silly pacific rim asian-scottish fusion haggis on pork dumpling with a sesame-mars bar sauce

failing that, there are a number of French style cafe-bars that do a passable cafe style meals, I wonder if Pizaro's in Kew is still there, now that's a very nice resturant.

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin
    If you're going to propose... it's got to be Wimpy.
    A rare occasion like this calls for the Big Guns: Bella Pasta.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin
    I am definitely not going to propose!! Not this year anyway.

Well now that is Wimpy mentioned, what are the chances of a decent serious suggestion of a restaurant? Probably not likely given you are all in such jovial moods this morning.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    the future Mrs Xenophon

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Guys……Burgers! Do they not have a KFC? I mean if it's a special occasion. Come on, push the boat out. I suggest a 3 piece variety meal each.
    Steady on Tony. Variety meals? I'm not made of money.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Guys……Burgers! Do they not have a KFC? I mean if it's a special occasion. Come on, push the boat out. I suggest a 3 piece variety meal each.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af
    Burger King. It's a special occasion, after all. McD is a bit too mundane.
    Aah yes. Thanks Rich.

McD's or BK? Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Burger King. It's a special occasion, after all. McD is a bit too mundane.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    MacDonalds is always a good shout.
    Cheers, DP.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X