• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Smoking ban

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Smoking ban"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105

And a stroppy bint to boot! Class!
    ah come on - stop talking about Lucy like that. She's only just came back!

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Ah thanks for all this - best laugh I've ever had on this forum!

Ex smokers taking the bait at every opportunity and behaving like a kid that's had his ball taken away form him.

And a stroppy bint to boot! Class!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I forgot to take my patches with me, and I was so p*ssed off with every ******* thing about that place, I needed to smoke until I got completely out of it!

THEN the constant announcements on the train as it pulled up to every single ******* stop about how people couldn't nip out on to the platform for a quick fag just aggrivated the **** out of me.

I couldn't even speak by the time I got to Newcastle - my other half had to nagivate me home. I'd completely lost it.
    you must realise that with that type of craving you have a real problem. I'll think about it tonight while I'm having my ten pints of lager

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    THEN the constant announcements on the train as it pulled up to every single ******* stop about how people couldn't nip out on to the platform for a quick fag just aggrivated the **** out of me.
    That would be annoying.

Last year me and the missus took a train journey through the mountains from Bergen to Oslo. Norway already a smoking ban so we couldn't smoke on the train.

It is a long trip, about 7 and a half hours, but at least they had the decency to stop after five hours so the smokers could get out and have a cigarette.

As for our ban, I will try and use it to give up. Had the stains scraped off my teeth this morning, so they are looking nice and clean.

We'll see how long I last.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    At the risk of being shot down in flames, I think this whole thread is completely reactionary and almost everyone will be happy with the status quo in a few weeks' time. Especially once you smokers start 'smirting'

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    Clearly. The master of ready-wit and repartee
    I try not to fly in the face of public opinion fd. You really must try and curb this hero-worship of yours, I'm sure I am not worthy.
    Isn't there anyone else you can look up to for moral guidance?

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Works for me!!
    Clearly. The master of ready-wit and repartee, and yet no one else laughs with you. Plenty at you for sure, but never with.

See ya.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    ..or take your approach and be a smug, sanctimonious, self-righteous tit perhaps?
    Works for me!!

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    No point you smokers aiming for the middle ground now!!
    The time for the Softly Softly approach has been and gone.
    Why not try the freakydancer approach and continually bleat on about it being a despicable infringement of your human rights to stop you casually and monotonously exhaling 50+ carcinogenic chemicals into the air around many innocent bystanders?
    That might work. But then again.................maybe not!
    ..or take your approach and be a smug, sanctimonious, self-righteous tit perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    sal, if you get yourself run over by a car because you are trying to find somewhere to smoke legally then health & Safety will step in and ban the ban

I tell you what - I'm f*ckign dying for the press to grow a backbone and turn on the ban like - I mean, are they being bribed or something?!

Are you telling me that no editor of a national press is a smoker and against this ban?!

I want a war veteran to get fined for smoking in the pub he's smoked in for the last 60 years, then we'll see how long it lasts for.

Come on media you useless f*ckers!!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    And Brussells was complete tulipe - all the manors of France and the charm of Birmingham. And we had a leak when we got back.

Were the loo's over there really that bad? I've heard some horror stories about French public toilets but holding it for the entire holiday is a bit extreme

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    You know you should have stubbed it out on her and shouted back "YOU HAPPY NOW YOU BLOODY NAZI!!"
    No point you smokers aiming for the middle ground now!!
    The time for the Softly Softly approach has been and gone.
    Why not try the freakydancer approach and continually bleat on about it being a despicable infringement of your human rights to stop you casually and monotonously exhaling 50+ carcinogenic chemicals into the air around many innocent bystanders?
    That might work. But then again.................maybe not!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I ******* well wont.

sal, if you get yourself run over by a car because you are trying to find somewhere to smoke legally then health & Safety will step in and ban the ban

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo
    So the coming back from Brussels as a non-smoker plan didn't go too well then?

I forgot to take my patches with me, and I was so p*ssed off with every ******* thing about that place, I needed to smoke until I got completely out of it!

I couldn't even speak by the time I got to Newcastle - my other half had to nagivate me home. I'd completely lost it.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I ******* well wont.
    You know you should have stubbed it out on her and shouted back "YOU HAPPY NOW YOU BLOODY NAZI!!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X