• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is BTL about to bust?"

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Millions? Not where I live there not.
    Leicester? I thought it was well known as a place where Indian arrivals settled.

Or are they now so settled that they are not immigrants anymore and you are thinking about the eastern europeans instead?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by King Cnvt
    Rents will rise fast driven by the huge demand for housing from immigration. Millions are arriving every year and need housing, but no housing is being built.
    Millions? Not where I live there not.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    What are you lot on about? What bust? Everyone knows that house prices only go up!

Boomed!

hth

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates
    Ah but that's in Ireland, so its OK.

That was just a heads-up, if they let you out.
    Care in the community and all that.

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    How is 125% rent to repayment acheivable when even 6% loans at 80% LTV are thin on the ground?
    Rents will rise fast driven by the huge demand for housing from immigration. Millions are arriving every year and need housing, but no housing is being built.

Ditto, boomed forever!!!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked
    BTL in Dublin crazy, cheapest place in city is about €2000.00 a month interest only. The average rent is about €1000.00 a month. Pay a grand a month for someone to live in my apartment. . . I don't think so. . . and the market might collapse any time due to over supply. A ticket for the lotto please.
    Ah but that's in Ireland, so its OK.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Most BTL landlords will have a low LTV ratio. And I know many who are buying now but very carefully e.g. ex-council in wholly owned blocks in trendy areas in London, who can still do fine on yields.
    Isn't the whole point of BTL about gearing, i.e. as little as possible deposit?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Most BTL landlords will have a low LTV ratio. And I know many who are buying now but very carefully e.g. ex-council in wholly owned blocks in trendy areas in London, who can still do fine on yields.
    BTL in Dublin crazy, cheapest place in city is about €2000.00 a month interest only. The average rent is about €1000.00 a month. Pay a grand a month for someone to live in my apartment. . . I don't think so. . . and the market might collapse any time due to over supply. A ticket for the lotto please.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by King Cnvt
    BTL will boom. Driven by housing shortages and millions of immigrants and a growing birth rate and raise in longevity etc.

Boomed!
    How is 125% rent to repayment acheivable when even 6% loans at 80% LTV are thin on the ground?

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    BTL will boom. Driven by housing shortages and millions of immigrants and a growing birth rate and raise in longevity etc.

Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Cheapest BTL mortgage now is 5.5%, leading to a SVR of 7.5%. Looks like the sh1te is about to hit the fan.

Similarly those with a normal mortage who overstrestched themselves a couple of years ago, are looking at up to 40% increase in mortgage costs
    Yep - smart money starting to bail out of btl - government crack down on btl tax subsidies imminent - credit crunch on the way courtesy of Bear Stearns - happy FTB's in a year or two

http://www.moneyweek.com/file/31286/...mortgages.html

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Hi pussycat

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Nice analysis

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied