• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dodgy finances

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dodgy finances"

Collapse

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Part of mid Wales
    Don't they have an extradition treaty?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot
    No rain here!!
    Except on Thursday. And Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by King Cnvt
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6745285.stm

Earlier, Met Office forecasters predicted a period of exceptionally heavy and prolonged rainfall later this week.

Many places will see further rain but the worst affected areas are likely to be Northern Ireland and northern parts of England, where rainfall totals over a few days may be close to the monthly average for June.

It is going to rain so hard, in a few days you will see a whole months rain.

Oh dear.
    No rain here!!

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    no, take the loan then bugger off to somewhere without a extradition treaty.
    Where would that be, then?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by King Cnvt

Earlier, Met Office forecasters predicted a period of exceptionally heavy and prolonged rainfall later this week.

Many places will see further rain but the worst affected areas are likely to be Northern Ireland and northern parts of England, where rainfall totals over a few days may be close to the monthly average for June.

Oh dear.
    Hope you all enjoyed the summer of 2007. That was it. Oh I'm sure I'll think on it fondly one day.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN
    We've spent months planning my daughter's 1st birthday - an outdoor garden party with bouncy castle and games for the kids

How spoilt is that kid going to be?!

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN
    We've spent months planning my daughter's 1st birthday - an outdoor garden party with bouncy castle and games for the kids and drinks for the adults. And now they say it's going to rain - thunder and rain. Just dandy eh. Just goes to show that you can't plan an outdoor event in this country, even in the summer.

Oh dear.

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    All this talk of saving schemes, buy to lets, and paying mortgages early is making me feel terrible.

I have circa 20K of debt, no savings, and am renting.

Is anyone else on this board in a worser position than me, or am I the King of the Financial Bell-Ends?
    Yes but my saving grace is property which has more than doubled in value so despite the piss poor credit rating debts are well within total assets

Leave a comment:

• redduster
    replied
    All this talk of saving schemes, buy to lets, and paying mortgages early is making me feel terrible.

Is anyone else on this board in a worser position than me, or am I the King of the Financial Bell-Ends?
    Nope you are not King. I am.

I've got at least 2.5 times your debt. I live in a council house and cannot get by from one month to another. Never had a penny savings in my life. I'm not exactly young either. Been contracting nearly 8 years. I've slowed down a bit now and reckon I should have my credit cards paid off by the time i'm 47. Couldn't give a sh!t about not having a mortgage though.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    No , Take a 100k loan ,
    then go bankrupt and emmigrate
    no, take the loan then bugger off to somewhere without a extradition treaty. Live it up for six years then come back and do it again.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Or do what the guy I bought my house from did.

Take out loans, dont pay the bills, max out the credit cards,get a brank spanking new Discovery on the never never and then disappear to one of the ex-soviet baltic states without leaving any contact information. We know he's there cos we got building society statements for him that showed he was withdrawing cash from cash machines in Riga.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrspondooli
    go bankrupt dude, and change your name to ethol!
    No , Take a 100k loan ,
    then go bankrupt and emmigrate

Leave a comment:

• Mrspondooli
    replied

go bankrupt dude, and change your name to ethol!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall
    I had a spell in France and had very good intentions but once I bumped into my first group of boozy brits down the pub I'd had it.
    Should have stayed in the "Dog and Duck" down Walthamstow way

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    It's interesting that most Brits abroad tend to stick together - precisely the behaviour they despise of immigrant groups here. When I was in France, I avoided the expats - life was a lot simpler that way, and the French more friendly once they realised I was trying (albeit poorly) to pick up the lingo and culture.
    I had a spell in France and had very good intentions but once I bumped into my first group of boozy brits down the pub I'd had it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X