• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy finances

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy finances

All this talk of saving schemes, buy to lets, and paying mortgages early is making me feel terrible.

I have circa 20K of debt, no savings, and am renting.

Is anyone else on this board in a worser position than me, or am I the King of the Financial Bell-Ends?

Sounds fairly King of the Financial Bell-Endish to me ! Are you a divorce victim ?

Comment

There's more to life than having shed loads of money, massive lists of incredible assets, no debts, and a large disposable income that you spend on fantastic luxury goods and services.

HTH

Comment

do you have an addiction to handbags.??
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          There's more to life than having shed loads of money, massive lists of incredible assets, no debts, and a large disposable income that you spend on fantastic luxury goods and services.

HTH

whimper...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That's not a great position, but it's par for the course for a final year medical student or suchlike.
            However if there is a house price crash like some people on here are suggesting, the leveraged buy-to-let crowd will be much worse off than you are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
              All this talk of saving schemes, buy to lets, and paying mortgages early is making me feel terrible.

Is anyone else on this board in a worser position than me, or am I the King of the Financial Bell-Ends?
              If you send me all those financial details I asked for yesterday, me and my mates in nigeria will sort you out, and make the arrogant f**kers on here look like paupers.
              Call the cops

Comment

At the end of permiedom I had about £10K of debt, no savings and renting. 18 months later I actually still have about £5K of debt, but I could pay that off tomorrow if I wanted and own two cars outright, and have some £Ks in the bank.

Still rent, but that's by choice.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                  At the end of permiedom I had about £10K of debt, no savings and renting. 18 months later I actually still have about £5K of debt, but I could pay that off tomorrow if I wanted and own two cars outright, and have some £Ks in the bank.

Still rent, but that's by choice.

comforting to know VM!

only been contracting since Christmas, and things are actually getting better!

Comment

comforting to know VM!

only been contracting since Christmas, and things are actually getting better!
                    I was in a similar boat three/four years ago, I rub my eyes every time I get a statement now.

Don't give up hope,
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X