• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eat less, move more!"

Collapse

• Warrior Princess
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Drool. WP in a bikini..... Arghhhhhhhhhh.

*cough*

Last edited by Warrior Princess; 29 April 2007, 11:40.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    You've gotta try the threadeds' cycling diet. Then you can eat as much cake and as many pies as you want.
    And still end up being "Big Boned"!

Threaded, you're Adonis like days are over! Whereas, mine have just begun - liposuction! It's the future I tell you! Hurts like hell for a while but, hey!!! It works!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    SA...like a cross between Terminator & Dawn French.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Warrior Princess
    Well done SA!!!!

Time to bring out that bikini!!

Think i might try this one myself!!!
    Drool. WP in a bikini..... Arghhhhhhhhhh.

Leave a comment:

• Warrior Princess
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Yes, it IS as simple as that!

Lost a dress size and half a stone in a fortnight by NOT being on a diet!

Well done SA!!!!

Time to bring out that bikini!!

Think i might try this one myself!!!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    We love ya really....

I know - I wasn't being serious

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    That'll teach me to feel good about myself for a change and share it with you lot

******* ****ers.
    We love ya really....

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    That'll teach me to feel good about myself for a change and share it with you lot

******* ****ers.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    cojak/SA

Ive met both of you. You're like Jack Spratt & his missus.

If Cojak was to drop a dress size I'd be impressed.

If this was Wizard of OZ then SA would be the Wicked Witch of the West and when that house fell out of the sky and landed on SA, Dorothy would be in all kinds of trouble as SA would have risen like a cross between Terminator & Dawn French.
    I know it shouldn't have, but that made me laugh...

Sorry, SA!

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied
    SA as long as these are permanent changes in your lifestyle then your
    body will eventually adjust it's fat/muscle ratio to the right levels.

The main thing is you have decided to do something about your weight.

going back to your old ways will lead to gaining more than double
    the amount of weight you have lost so far!

Leave a comment:

• SoupDragon
    replied
    Sit ups and pressups are certainly better than nothing. There are other good bodyweight exercises too.

For the record, I don't attend a gym but I do have some weight training gear at home.

There are a lot of myths about resistance training for women. This is worth a read:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/franco7.htm

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    cojak/SA

Ive met both of you. You're like Jack Spratt & his missus.

If Cojak was to drop a dress size I'd be impressed.

If this was Wizard of OZ then SA would be the Wicked Witch of the West and when that house fell out of the sky and landed on SA, Dorothy would be in all kinds of trouble as SA would have risen like a cross between Terminator & Dawn French.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by SoupDragon
    Losing weight at more than 1-2lbs per week is liable to lead to loss of muscle tissue. 7lbs in two weeks is probably half muscle and half fat.

Many women don't think losing muscle tissue matters... however, it is your muscle mass which is a key factor in determining your metabolism... This is why people gain it back after a diet.

If you want to keep it off and maybe make some more improvements (toning) I recommend joining a gym and doing some work on the resistance machines. And eat healthy whole foods which are high in protien.
    I agree SD, but you can get all the toning you need with sit ups, press ups and buttock clenches.

And walking like you mean it.

Sweating can be so undignified...

SallyAnne is right - eat less, exercise more. This needs to be a lifestyle change and I have no intention of having a gym as part of my lifestyle...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Yes, it IS as simple as that!

Lost a dress size and half a stone in a fortnight by NOT being on a diet!

Woohoo. You missed one meal out!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by SoupDragon
    Losing weight at more than 1-2lbs per week is liable to lead to loss of muscle tissue. 7lbs in two weeks is probably half muscle and half fat.

Many women don't think losing muscle tissue matters... however, it is your muscle mass which is a key factor in determining your metabolism... This is why people gain it back after a diet.

If you want to keep it off and maybe make some more improvements (toning) I recommend joining a gym and doing some work on the resistance machines. And eat healthy whole foods which are high in protien.
    And that muscle mass you lose will include some from your heart and uterus so you're asking for lots of trouble down the line unless you exercise to force your body to keep the muscle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X