• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eat less, move more!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eat less, move more!

Yes, it IS as simple as that!

Lost a dress size and half a stone in a fortnight by NOT being on a diet!

The pope is a tard.

Glad you figured it out atlast
    all the best

Comment

Congrats Dear,

I've just got the book 'Two Lipsticks and a Lover' which says much same thing.

It also points out that sex can be included in the 'moving' bit, and provided you eat less, the fois gras and white wine diet can also be included...

The French know how to do this stuff...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Don't forget all the calories you burn off by typing posts on forums.

It's the mouse that's the blame for obesity in IT but the keyboard can save us. Hence why my posts aren't as short as they could be.
        "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
          It also points out that sex can be included in the 'moving' bit
          So our (men's) desire for thin birds is in the hope they'll actually do more than just lie there in bed and not because we drool opened mouth as they saunter past.

I've ditched birds in the past that were too lazy to be a cowgirl for me.
          "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

You've gotta try the threadeds' cycling diet. Then you can eat as much cake and as many pies as you want.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Losing weight at more than 1-2lbs per week is liable to lead to loss of muscle tissue. 7lbs in two weeks is probably half muscle and half fat.

Many women don't think losing muscle tissue matters... however, it is your muscle mass which is a key factor in determining your metabolism... This is why people gain it back after a diet.

If you want to keep it off and maybe make some more improvements (toning) I recommend joining a gym and doing some work on the resistance machines. And eat healthy whole foods which are high in protien.

Comment

Originally posted by SoupDragon
                Losing weight at more than 1-2lbs per week is liable to lead to loss of muscle tissue. 7lbs in two weeks is probably half muscle and half fat.

Many women don't think losing muscle tissue matters... however, it is your muscle mass which is a key factor in determining your metabolism... This is why people gain it back after a diet.

If you want to keep it off and maybe make some more improvements (toning) I recommend joining a gym and doing some work on the resistance machines. And eat healthy whole foods which are high in protien.
                And that muscle mass you lose will include some from your heart and uterus so you're asking for lots of trouble down the line unless you exercise to force your body to keep the muscle.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

Woohoo. You missed one meal out!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SoupDragon

I agree SD, but you can get all the toning you need with sit ups, press ups and buttock clenches.

And walking like you mean it.

Sweating can be so undignified...

SallyAnne is right - eat less, exercise more. This needs to be a lifestyle change and I have no intention of having a gym as part of my lifestyle...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X