• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Daughter's kids

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Daughter's kids"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    I threatened him and have not had any real probs for a long time, unless you count a few clippings flung over. No legal action you can sensibly take over trivia like that unfortunately. Fortunately I have rather more dosh than he has.

The other neighbours he invaded got their land back so he is not fannying around ruining the woods behind our garden anymore.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Try http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/

I suggest you need a bit more detail if you expect a serious reply.
    My No 1 site when I was doing a selfbuild a while back, hence 'Rootsnall'. For those who like to wind people up you can have great time by posting that you are about to illegally chop down a load of protected hundred year old Oak trees !

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Xog is the resident expert of garden law.

Xog how's it going with your garden grabbing neighbours ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Try http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/

I suggest you need a bit more detail if you expect a serious reply.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    Ahh!

Thank you Pondlife for the clarification.

Sadly, I don't have time to read every thread on this board.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    The fact that you used a lame winky smilie at the end of your post leads me to believe that you are baiting some of the more hopeless idiots on the forum.

Try here

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    My daughter's kids playing on the neighbour's fence and cut themselves. The kids now have minor medical problems. Can anyone give advice etc.
    Well I could give first aid to your 'Daughter's Kids' (odd way of putting it), but by the phrasing of your question, I assume you mean legal advice of the 'no win, no fee' variety - yes?

Unsupervised kids get into bother. I did. My siblings and cohorts did. That's life mate - don't try to profit from it. The main thing is your Grandchildren (for that is the correct terminology) have only minor ailments.

The fact that you used a lame winky smilie at the end of your post leads me to believe that you are baiting some of the more hopeless idiots on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• boredsenseless
    replied
    Originally posted by Jawz
    Actually how old is your daughter?
    Out of the box thinking, thats why we get paid the big bucks!

Leave a comment:

• Jawz
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet
    How old are you??
    Actually how old is your daughter?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    My daughter's kids playing on the neighbour's fence and cut themselves. The kids now have minor medical problems. Can anyone give advice etc.
    How old are you??

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    I guess if the fence is in some way illegal - eg. it is too tall, has razor wire or glass embedded in it, then I guess it would be possible to go to court with an ambulance-chaser in tow and claim some compensation. It might be difficult to get anywhere with a defective fence unless you had evidence it was poorly maintained or defective before they played on it. And even then it would be obvious they shouldn't have played on it.

In any case, I doubt they were supervised and unless the fence was an underlying cause of the accident (eg. it fell on them while playing football), the fact they seemed to be playing 'on it' would definitely count against them. Fences aren't fit for purpose for play. Eg. A perfectly functional fence can be as crude as a run of stakes with a bit of wire between, so the danger is obvious and avoidable.

...in my humble opinion.

What are the minor medical problems - other than the obvious cut hands, legs etc ?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Your daughters kids. They would be you grandchildren then.

grandad

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I'd beat them to within an inch of the lives for playing on other peoples property then I go'd and slap your mother for giving birth to such a person who asks stupid questions.

hth

Leave a comment:

• boredsenseless
    replied
    Tell them to leave other people's property alone!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I would suggest you get in touch with Threaded who will accomodate all your social interaction requirements.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X