• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "More tax than expected ..."

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Yeah, you can all thank me later for the soon-to-be improved NHS services.

(though i suspect most OF gigs will be inside rather than outside....)
    surely as they are girls they will be outside biologically?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I wonder if it's also due to HMRC reminding people that their OnlyFans income is taxable...

https://www.theregister.com/2023/02/...nfluencer_tax/
    Yeah, you can all thank me later for the soon-to-be improved NHS services.

(though i suspect most OF gigs will be inside rather than outside....)

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I wonder if it's also due to HMRC reminding people that their OnlyFans income is taxable...

https://www.theregister.com/2023/02/...nfluencer_tax/

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    My ex-umbrella messed up my tax deductions by £5k for 2021/22 so part of this is on me.

Leave a comment:

• Protagoras
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Fiscal drag among other things. Wages were going up a year ago.
    Perhaps so, but don't HMRC's systems estimate PAYE income from the monthly receipts trend, so they should have this aggregated data?
    if this is the case, I'm not sure that it would explain the 'unexpected' nature of the receipts.
    Last edited by Protagoras; 21 February 2023, 12:54.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Fiscal drag among other things. Wages were going up a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• Protagoras
    started a topic More tax than expected ...

More tax than expected ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64705051

"Higher-than-expected self-assessed income tax receipts boosted the UK's coffers, helping it spend less resulting in a £5.4bn surplus."

I wonder what's behind the increase in self-assessment income ... dividend income ??

Working...
X