• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Vote: who is in favour of renaming "Light Relief" into "Fleetwoods' corner"?"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    exactly

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    [QUOTE=jenever]I was really in two minds about my original post as most here only knew Daniel as a poster on a bulletin board, and I thought it could be a bit over the top. But having seen the replies and genuine response to to the passing of one of the more prominent members of this community I am glad I did.

That said I believe it is a bit much to rename a part of the site after someone who will not be known to future members, was not a founder of the site, and as Denny says, what happens, when inevitably, someone else passes on?

(He would however love it, and my suggestion would be Fleetwood's Light Relief)

[QUOTE]

Then I still IMHO think it's a good idea.

Thanks Jenever.

PS Guys, what's wrong with a bit of sentiment? we are humans after all!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    Not to put too fine a point on it, suppose someone else dies in a years time? Do we rename General? Let's not get carried away.
    I agree. Some people are going a bit over the top with this. I voted no.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon
    PMSL!!!! You really do take this forum lark seriously eh?

I don't know you but can guess you're from Hull...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Xog,

'PS MF Thank you for rescuing me from Smirnoff induced sentimentality',

why do you drink that crap ?

Get some Russian Standard.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    I have to agree with Stackpole; a Fleetwood smiley for spelling corrections would be a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    "There have been a few threads over the years (I joined the original board), which it would have been nice to have saved in perpetuity; not just the sad, but the acerbic pF, nedprod, Mr Rees etc. Is it not possible to have an archive of those we vote worthy to keep in perpetuity?

Names anyone? The vault? The Best Of? Forever Sticky? Not So Fleeting?"

Can understand the sentiments of some here, though at the same time can understand the points made by Denny, Xog and others (that excludes the trolls of course).

On the whole I thing Jenever's suggestion would get my vote, "The best of CUK", sort of fitting, while still allows an archive for other things from over the years, pF (yes I remember him), TPD, the Colombian thread etc.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Gud ider.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I really don't know and haven't voted. I never replied to the main Fleetwood Thread as did not know what to say really. On the one hand, as he has been around for so long on the only forum I have found worth sticking with for several years I felt sad and even mentioned it to the missus. On the other hand the rational part said don't be silly, you never knew the bloke, he was just a name on a forum.

Reading above. Who knows? maybe he was a complete w*. But that's just somebodys opinion. I think the world cannot be governed by sentiment, in the end it serves nobody living. The essential point is, how can anyone new find their way around CUK when every forum is a memorial to some deceased contributor? No disrespect to Fleety, he seemed a nice sort before he became a spelling checker, but I have just voted no.

PS MF Thank you for rescuing me from Smirnoff induced sentimentality
    PPS ATw You have dropped off your logic pedestal even futher than usual.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 15 February 2007, 22:16.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    How tedious.

Leave a comment:

• Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon
    replied
    Originally posted by HankWangford
    your the one swimming in smiley heaven, pop by the teeny chatroom

Leave a comment:

• HankWangford
    replied

your the one swimming in smiley heaven, pop by the teeny chatroom

Leave a comment:

• Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon
    replied
    Originally posted by HankWangford
    did fleety break your heart.............sour grapes love

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Hank, mate, that's the Queen's mum. Have some respect.

Leave a comment:

• HankWangford
    replied
    Oh dear, what's with the "we" Hank? Can I be in your gang or do you have your own playground set of "cyber chums"?

P.S. I bet your real name isn't Hank Wangford eh? LOL!!

did fleety break your heart.............sour grapes love

Leave a comment:

Working...
X