• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone going anywhere nice for their hols?"

Collapse

• _V_
    replied
    Might take a short break in the presidential suite. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/ultimate-world-cruise/

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You're being a bit silly because your heating bill for 5C rather than 20C will be something like 90% reduced which in round numbers is 100%

But then that's your thing
    In very round numbers it's 0. You don't get rounder than that.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

But he's still paying for heating.
    You're being a bit silly because your heating bill for 5C rather than 20C will be something like 90% reduced which in round numbers is 100%

But then that's your thing

Leave a comment:

• Guy At Charnock Richard
    replied
    Originally posted by caitlin939 View Post
    i'm off to tenerife in november with my partner, so excited!
    I bet that's a great time of year to go. We always used to go to Lanzarote in February - so nice to escape the winter gloom

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Unlikely in our climate, maybe 2 or 3 days a year are cold enough. Set your heating to 5C.
    But he's still paying for heating.

Mind you with the tulip show of the water company we have in my area your place will be flooded anyway because a pipe on the street will burst.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

If he goes in winter he can then come home to burst pipes......
    Unlikely in our climate, maybe 2 or 3 days a year are cold enough. Set your heating to 5C.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    No not yet. Hoping we might get back to LapLand late winter/early spring 2023. We have a long-running plan with friends to Christmas in Tenerife this year but I'm not very optimistic.

The amount you save turning the heating off for a week will pay for a nice trip somewhere warm
    If he goes in winter he can then come home to burst pipes......

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    No not yet. Hoping we might get back to LapLand late winter/early spring 2023. We have a long-running plan with friends to Christmas in Tenerife this year but I'm not very optimistic.

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Paying my heating bills instead.

qh
    The amount you save turning the heating off for a week will pay for a nice trip somewhere warm

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    nah, - too FOGgy

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post
    I'd really like to go back to South Africa and I may just do that this coming winter depending on circumstances with contracts etc - last time I went for a week & I'd really want to do a minimum of 3 this time.

My memories of flying into Cape Town are of beginning our descent just as dawn was breaking & as the plane banked over to the left, the spectacle of Table Mountain hove into view through the clouds. Having Chris Rea's Auberge on the old earbuds made it an even more cathartic experience but anything by the Floyd or the Straits would have had the same effect.

Can't wait to go back.
    Can't you go now?

Leave a comment:

• Guy At Charnock Richard
    replied
    I'd really like to go back to South Africa and I may just do that this coming winter depending on circumstances with contracts etc - last time I went for a week & I'd really want to do a minimum of 3 this time.

My memories of flying into Cape Town are of beginning our descent just as dawn was breaking & as the plane banked over to the left, the spectacle of Table Mountain hove into view through the clouds. Having Chris Rea's Auberge on the old earbuds made it an even more cathartic experience but anything by the Floyd or the Straits would have had the same effect.

Can't wait to go back.
    Last edited by Guy At Charnock Richard; 8 June 2022, 15:09. Reason: Edit: added a missing 'of'

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    I am going to Nice and hope to do a tour of the biscuit factory.
    I've heard Nice is nice

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Two Passport agencies depeandant, I will be taking the whole tribe to the house in Spain for Christmas

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    I am going to Nice and hope to do a tour of the biscuit factory.

Leave a comment:

• caitlin939
    replied
    i'm off to tenerife in november with my partner, so excited!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X