• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Onward Christian Soldiers........"

Collapse

• hugebrain
    replied
    Why Afganistan?

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Ironically I think they will not dare attack Iran.
    Considering the unjustified chaos they have caused in Iraq and the somewhat more justified chaos in Afghanistan
    What was the justification they used for Afghanistan? All I heard at the time was "Osama Bin Laden might be hiding there and he could have had something to do with 911".

Was their more to it: oil, Taliban cutting off the supply of and heroine, or whatever?

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Yeah,

The US is itching to start another fight, Bush has probably had a message from God that he needs to teach Iran a lesson.

Though the whole thing about the reason to invade because Iran are building nuclear weapons is a bit poor. Don't we and the US still have a few nukes at the ready??

People in glass houses etc....

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    They make money during a war.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    do you think that the US of A has the money, men or guts to invade yet, or will they have to wait say 10 years or so to build fighting funds....

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Ironically I think they will not dare attack Iran.

A nuclear Iran is probably a bigger threat than Iraq under Saddam ever was. Considering the unjustified chaos they have caused in Iraq and the somewhat more justified chaos in Afghanistan I think all powers will be less willing to do anything about Iran.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I thought Putin's recent comments were pretty apt. Bush is the very worst of the morons they have had but the US's foreign policy has mostly been a disaster for decades. They have a greatly exaggerated sense of their own power and think they can mould the world to their image and over over again they fail and leave things far worse. Iran might have been a very different place and not the threat it is now but for the coup.

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    Invade Iran ... and then what?

You gotta have an achievable endgame. Anyone who invades without one has got sh1t for brains. Just look what those ferking idiots Blair and Bush have done to Iraq...

So what would be the endgame?
    I think it will be those idiots (Well Bush) who invade although im not sure the democratic congress will like it.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Invade Iran ... and then what?

You gotta have an achievable endgame. Anyone who invades without one has got sh1t for brains. Just look what those ferking idiots Blair and Bush have done to Iraq...

So what would be the endgame?

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    It will happen, they'll find that Iran has a nuclear weapon ready to fire in 45mins. Invade, conquered and install a dummy government. Surely there's another major terrorist attack on the way for the USA .
    Last edited by Diestl; 12 February 2007, 22:36.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Given the moron Bush in charge I daresay it will happen. If it would actually achieve something it might be worth it, but it won't.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by foritisme
    So do you think the USA (and our Tony) will invade Iran before too long ?
    Only a matter of time ... although I don't think even Tony will manage to get another one past Parliament. It will probably be the next PM of Airstrip One equally eager to shove his head up the Presidents arse for no tangible benefit except the sight of body bags flying back into the UK.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Originally posted by foritisme
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Those treehuggers caused global warming which doesn't exist anyway
    It makes I mad!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    started a topic Onward Christian Soldiers........

Onward Christian Soldiers........

Working...
X