• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doom - Change in Vaccine Passports"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    It's quite clear they will be jabbing you indefinitely every 3/6/12 months and there will be no scientific basis to it as it's a novel vaccine.

The conspiracy nuts were on the money all along.
    I've been saying this sarcastically since O was announced, but I'm sure this timing is ongoing to entrench their views. If there WERE a conspiracy, the timing is perfect (in the UK)

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I find it amazing people genuinely believe PlanB measures were brought in just to distract from a bit of wine & cheese. If that's the case, it's most timely Covid policy he's enacted completely by accident.
    It is a measure of the venality of the current government that an idea like this can gain any traction at all. I must admit when he did it the thought crossed my mind.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    It's quite clear they will be jabbing you indefinitely every 3/6/12 months and there will be no scientific basis to it as it's a novel vaccine.

The conspiracy nuts were on the money all along.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    When do you think Boris Johnson will need to bury more bad news in January?
    I find it amazing people genuinely believe PlanB measures were brought in just to distract from a bit of wine & cheese. If that's the case, it's most timely Covid policy he's enacted completely by accident.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Don't worry, Princess Nut Nuts is 8 months pregnant already, so they're prepared for it...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BBC
    17:01Javid: People will need booster jab for nightclub access

During his Commons statement, Sajid Javid says that - as long as MPs support it - people will need to show a negative lateral flow test to get into nightclubs and large venues - unless they are double vaccinated.

He adds that once all adults have had "a reasonable chance" to get the booster jab, that exemption will be changed to include those who have had their booster.
    As expected really.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    ""Definition of 'fully vaccinated' will be kept under review - No 10

No 10 has said it will keep under review the definition of the term "fully vaccinated" with regards to a Covid pass."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-59632655

Yeah, that's inevitable.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

If you can get it...

"NHS website overwhelmed by booster demand and runs out of lateral flow tests in England"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...latest-updates

If only I'd put a link to the same story in my post...

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Don't worry, you can use a negative lateral flow test.

Ooops, no you can't. https://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/cor...s-nhs-website/
    LFTs are useless anyway - something like 50% false neg, but very low (<1%) false positive. The amount of kids around here that repeatedly tested negative on LFTs that then went on to positive PCR is eye opening.

Having said that, after months of 2x weekly LFT testing for our older son in secondary school, we finally got a (strong) positive on Saturday, confirmed by PCR later same day so they do sometimes work. We are now a covid household - just waiting for the rest of us to get it in time to stuff up Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    If you can get it...

"NHS website overwhelmed by booster demand and runs out of lateral flow tests in England"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...latest-updates

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

Ooops, no you can't. https://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/cor...s-nhs-website/

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    started a topic Doom - Change in Vaccine Passports

Doom - Change in Vaccine Passports

After hearing the waffle from our glorious leader at 8pm it is clear he is going to change the vaccine passport criteria to 3 jabs in the New Year.

Working...
X