• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just got my latest Credit Card bill"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    ...(3 cards stolen including one addressed to localb ranch)

Obviously they have somebody bent at their card centre lifting cards and personal details. Anyway, at this point I told them I didn't want the card anymore and could they cancel the account.

Must've cost them a few grand.
    You're lucky you're not in jail for fraud. Some banks, faced with frauds reported by a customer, turn on the only person within reach and savage them instead of hunting the culprit.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN
    Have u got a video of u doing that on YouTube yet?

Not yet, there's just the one with the firework

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Yes they get paid less than a call centre worker over here, but thats because wages in general in India area lot less than over here.
    But in the scheme of jobs in India, call centre staff are one of the better jobs.

Whereas here, its one step up from working in McDonalds.

Call Centre staff and IT staff are the 2 best industries to go into in India.....well when I say India, I've really only read up/seen things about Bangalore, so I might be talking out of my arse .
    Have u got a video of u doing that on YouTube yet?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    "I just meant that if the call centres weren't outsourced, you'd be just as likely to have your cash stolen, if not more (as call centre jobs are far more prestigious in India than they are over here)."

I don't agree. If you oursorce to India you tend to do it based on cost savings. The bulk of these savings are made by paying the call centre staff less in wages - wages which would be rubbish by our standards. Then you place that person in charge of what must seem like huge sums of hard to trace cash. I'd say that it would promote theft.

Yes they get paid less than a call centre worker over here, but thats because wages in general in India area lot less than over here.
    But in the scheme of jobs in India, call centre staff are one of the better jobs.

Whereas here, its one step up from working in McDonalds.

Call Centre staff and IT staff are the 2 best industries to go into in India.....well when I say India, I've really only read up/seen things about Bangalore, so I might be talking out of my arse.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "I just meant that if the call centres weren't outsourced, you'd be just as likely to have your cash stolen, if not more (as call centre jobs are far more prestigious in India than they are over here)."

I don't agree. If you oursorce to India you tend to do it based on cost savings. The bulk of these savings are made by paying the call centre staff less in wages - wages which would be rubbish by our standards. Then you place that person in charge of what must seem like huge sums of hard to trace cash. I'd say that it would promote theft.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Morgan Stanley.

Or did you mean name and shame the culprit?

I think it was Bob Shawadiwadi.
    Bob Shawadiwadi has not logged in since long
    maybe you are right

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Filling in the paperwork now. Pain if the fecking ARSE!

Yes of course if could be a local person, but all the transactions are for cash withdrawals in India and Bangkok.

So what do you think happened?
    Ah I didn't mean there was some kind of local conspiracy or owt - yes in this case it's clearly some dodgey knacker from India.

I just meant that if the call centres weren't outsourced, you'd be just as likely to have your cash stolen, if not more (as call centre jobs are far more prestigious in India than they are over here).

I hope you get it all sorted anyway.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Filling in the paperwork now. Pain if the fecking ARSE!

Yes of course if could be a local person, but all the transactions are for cash withdrawals in India and Bangkok.

So what do you think happened?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Whats the difference between it being spent in India or it being spent down the Netto in Birkenhead?

Surely you aren't suggesting that our wonderful home grown call centre calibre people would never do such a thing?

Its hard lines having that done though - have you got it all sorted out ok?

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    I applied for a Halifax credit card last year. I got a finance agreement to sign and to confirm my details but never received the card and better offers came along so I forgot all about it. Then one day I got a call from them asking if I still had the card in my possession. I told them I'd never had it and they got all arsey telling me I must have because the card had been activated and was being used all over the US. Anyway, they eventually accepted it and said they'd send me another one.

Never heard any more until a few weeks later exactly the same happened again. Told them again I'd never had the card and they said I must have because it had been activated again and only someone with my personal details could have done that. I suggested to them that someone at their end must have intercepted the confirmation of details documents. They said no way so cancelled the card again and said they'd send a replacement through their internal mail system to my local branch who would call me when it was available.

Heard nothing again until a few more weeks had passed and then got a phone call with exactly the same story. The card had been activated and used. I told them what they told me, that is was going through their internal mail system and on checking they found the card had been produced but never made it to my local branch. Obviously they have somebody bent at their card centre lifting cards and personal details. Anyway, at this point I told them I didn't want the card anymore and could they cancel the account.

Must've cost them a few grand.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Morgan Stanley.

Or did you mean name and shame the culprit?

I think it was Bob Shawadiwadi.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I've never used this card online. I only got it a month ago! Nice!
    Name and shame...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've never used this card online. I only got it a month ago! Nice!

Leave a comment:

• chubba
    replied
    Stop moaning, they need it more than you do

Got to be related to the call centres out there - surely an IT Contractor would not be stupid enough to let their PC get infected...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I scan all my PC's with various spyware, virus, trojans every 24 hrs.

They certainly have been busy spending!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X