• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got my latest Credit Card bill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my latest Credit Card bill

And it appears I have been drawing out cash all over India, Bangkok and most of Asia.

Funny thing is, I have been in the UK all the time.

I wonder if it is something to do with the call centre being overseas?

I suggest an immediate scan of your PC's for spyware, loggers, phishing malware, etc.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I scan all my PC's with various spyware, virus, trojans every 24 hrs.

They certainly have been busy spending!

Comment

Stop moaning, they need it more than you do

Got to be related to the call centres out there - surely an IT Contractor would not be stupid enough to let their PC get infected...

Comment

I've never used this card online. I only got it a month ago! Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            I've never used this card online. I only got it a month ago! Nice!
            Name and shame...

Comment

Morgan Stanley.

Or did you mean name and shame the culprit?

I think it was Bob Shawadiwadi.

Comment

I applied for a Halifax credit card last year. I got a finance agreement to sign and to confirm my details but never received the card and better offers came along so I forgot all about it. Then one day I got a call from them asking if I still had the card in my possession. I told them I'd never had it and they got all arsey telling me I must have because the card had been activated and was being used all over the US. Anyway, they eventually accepted it and said they'd send me another one.

Never heard any more until a few weeks later exactly the same happened again. Told them again I'd never had the card and they said I must have because it had been activated again and only someone with my personal details could have done that. I suggested to them that someone at their end must have intercepted the confirmation of details documents. They said no way so cancelled the card again and said they'd send a replacement through their internal mail system to my local branch who would call me when it was available.

Heard nothing again until a few more weeks had passed and then got a phone call with exactly the same story. The card had been activated and used. I told them what they told me, that is was going through their internal mail system and on checking they found the card had been produced but never made it to my local branch. Obviously they have somebody bent at their card centre lifting cards and personal details. Anyway, at this point I told them I didn't want the card anymore and could they cancel the account.

Must've cost them a few grand.
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Whats the difference between it being spent in India or it being spent down the Netto in Birkenhead?

Surely you aren't suggesting that our wonderful home grown call centre calibre people would never do such a thing?

Its hard lines having that done though - have you got it all sorted out ok?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Filling in the paperwork now. Pain if the fecking ARSE!

Yes of course if could be a local person, but all the transactions are for cash withdrawals in India and Bangkok.

So what do you think happened?

Comment

Working...
                    X