• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Woman goes to extraordinary lengths to prove she is not overweight."

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    I'm a man I don't try anything on, I very rarely take anything back because of size. They almost always fit.

I have taken one set of trousers based on style.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Dunno whose fault it is, women with wishful thinking about what sizes fit them or stores trying to flatter them, but the customer enquiry counters in every supermarket I visit are always busy with queues of people, nearly all women, taking clothes back presumably because they don't fit. This is annoying because these counters usually double as the cigarette counter!
    Or... people buy stuff, take it home, try it on then bring it back. I don't remember seeing many changing rooms in supermarkets (but Waitrose doesn't sell clothes so I could be wrong). I much prefer to try on at home rather than in the shop as I'm invariably wearing something that's a pain to remove or simply doesn't work with whatever I'm trying on.

If you don't know the cut of the clothes, and supermarket sizing is more random than most clothing, then this is inevitably going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Dunno whose fault it is, women with wishful thinking about what sizes fit them or stores trying to flatter them, but the customer enquiry counters in every supermarket I visit are always busy with queues of people, nearly all women, taking clothes back presumably because they don't fit. This is annoying because these counters usually double as the cigarette counter!
    Men's and children's clothes also vary in size between stores. As women tend to be the person/people in a household who buy most of the clothes it is often them taking them back.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I'm fatter than I thought. Their size 14 leggings fit perfectly
    Last three things I bought there were socks - and they weren't for me...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    M&S is a store with a target audience of overweight middle aged women... it's not surprising their size 10 is really a size 16.
    nope its lost that because it seems they want the young styles.

Apart from the food court the M&S in Maidenhead is always empty.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    M&S is a store with a target audience of overweight middle aged women... it's not surprising their size 10 is really a size 16.

I'm fatter than I thought. Their size 14 leggings fit perfectly

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Replying to cruel comments that said she wasn't a size 10, she replied with another video showing her in size 10 pair from M&S that fit perfectly.

People are just so stupid, everyone, including most men know they are different sizes in different products. Back in the 80's when I played prop forward I had quite chunky/muscular thighs. Could I find a pair of skinny jeans that would fit both waist and thighs, could I feck. So I had to buy 36 waist when I was 32. It did give the girls plenty of room for a quick fondle though
    The condoms I buy are XS but it's a fault of the manufacture because I know I'm XXL

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The trick is to find a shop where the clothes have a reliable fit, are comfortable and good quality. Then you know you can walk in and pick size X (or XXXL in my case) and it fits.

It's just a shame (I'm looking at you, Hobbs) when they stop producing clothes you want to wear and you have to start the hunt for another shop.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Primark and some supermarket clothes are just random sizes. It's got worse as other shops including M&S have joined them.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way she looks but she says 8-10 which is even worse than claiming 10. There has to be a backstory to that? She buys from a shop she's well aware of that are bigger than the label or something. She might indeed be able to prove she can fit in a 10 but wouldn't that be a bit hypocritical if she's complaining about clothes that don't match the size. I hope the poor girl hasn't opened herself up to a world of abuse.

Different sized clothes from different shops has been an issue for as long as I can remember but I do think she might be regretting posting this now.
    I hope she hasn't too, the laugh was at the naivety of thinking all clothes adhere to the same standard, why do they think there is so many tinternet returns?

Most men couldn't give two hoots about reasonable size or wobbly bits, we're just glad to see a naked woman ( or 2 or 3 but no more) climbing into bed with us!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    OK, we all know that retail stores are economical with sizes to increase sales, but hon, you are not a size 10.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way she looks but she says 8-10 which is even worse than claiming 10. There has to be a backstory to that? She buys from a shop she's well aware of that are bigger than the label or something. She might indeed be able to prove she can fit in a 10 but wouldn't that be a bit hypocritical if she's complaining about clothes that don't match the size. I hope the poor girl hasn't opened herself up to a world of abuse.

Different sized clothes from different shops has been an issue for as long as I can remember but I do think she might be regretting posting this now.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-14-jeans.html

OK, we all know that retail stores are economical with sizes to increase sales, but hon, you are not a size 10.
    Replying to cruel comments that said she wasn't a size 10, she replied with another video showing her in size 10 pair from M&S that fit perfectly.

People are just so stupid, everyone, including most men know they are different sizes in different products. Back in the 80's when I played prop forward I had quite chunky/muscular thighs. Could I find a pair of skinny jeans that would fit both waist and thighs, could I feck. So I had to buy 36 waist when I was 32. It did give the girls plenty of room for a quick fondle though

Leave a comment:

• Woman goes to extraordinary lengths to prove she is not overweight.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-14-jeans.html

Working...
X