• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "EU roaming charges to be reintroduced"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

I know you're not British, but you clearly have no idea how massively illegal (involving prison time for company executives) is that which you're suggesting.
    It is illegal but, much like energy companies all change tariffs within a few days of each other, mobile phone companies don't do much that is massively different from each other. Whilst it may not technically be collusion, it's not far short.

The last time I did a price plan comparison between different mobile phone companies, there was hardly anything in it.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    What I think is that they are all in collaboration. EE just picked the short stick and had to go first public.
    Most of them will follow.

I am uk based so hope that is not the case but the skeptic side of me sais no. It is always about the money.
    I know you're not British, but you clearly have no idea how massively illegal (involving prison time for company executives) is that which you're suggesting.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    What I think is that they are all in collaboration. EE just picked the short stick and had to go first public.

I am uk based so hope that is not the case but the skeptic side of me sais no. It is always about the money.
    I think you're right. The illusion of competition over mobile phone charges barely stands up to scrutiny.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    KUATB https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...ml#post2886962

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

It's a commercial decision by EE, which should backfire catastrophically when their customers migrate to a network which isn't so greedy (and short-sighted).

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    EU roaming charges to be reintroduced

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57595913

Lie number 239 "All the benefits of EU membership when the UK leaves"
    It's a commercial decision by EE, which should backfire catastrophically when their customers migrate to a network which isn't so greedy (and short-sighted).

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    O2 and Three should put their equivalent packages up a 50p-£1 a month and keep roaming. They would make more money.
    I have two data sims with Three that cost me a tenner a month. Got them initially for travel outside the EU but with a bit of luck they'll be just as good in the EU too.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    O2 and Three should put their equivalent packages up a 50p-£1 a month and keep roaming. They would make more money.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    [QUOTE=GigiBronz;n4169682]freedom baby. I'm loving it.

there is another thread in brexit sub-forum, a MOD might need to do the needful and permanently remove my tedious snivelling, whining kr@p polluting every thread/QUOTE]

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    freedom baby. I'm loving it.

there is another thread in brexit sub-forum, a MOD might need to do the needful and merge the two

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    started a topic EU roaming charges to be reintroduced

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57595913

Lie number 239 "All the benefits of EU membership when the UK leaves"

Working...
X