• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Genius!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Genius!"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    As long as everyone on board was aware of the risks and they all quarantine afterwards, then I say why the heck not.
    Just the fact they are willing to go so far to avoid restrictions kinda give's you the impression they don't and they won't.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    if only one person out of 160 is covid positive they are all screwed

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    They look very happy, apart from the concern about Carbon emissions from the flight, what are you lot getting worked up about?
    I'd only get worked up if the plane is on its way to the UK!

Otherwise the idiots can do what they want.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Yeah looked closer and can see masks.

Just another example of how the rules do not make sense. As has been said. Plane full of strangers, ok. Wedding guests not.

Joking aside it is things like this going on not just in India but in our country that helps to push further restrictions on everyone. Justified or not.

Always makes me laugh when the government makes statements like" The public need to use common sense" When we all have to cater for the lowest common denominator in society.

Just because restrictions are lifted, does not make me want to mix in large numbers, unless I have to (hospitals etc). For example I have not been to a large supermarket or shopping centre since March 2020. Or used public transport.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
    Is this story true. Could have been a wedding from years ago.
    If you look carefully, some people are warring masks...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's being widely reported across a number of outlets but it's a good point as often these things get dragged up from an old story and conflated with current events.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    What they have not said, is the bride and groom are the captain and first officer. Aircraft is on autopilot.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    so if they had got on a commercial plane with hundreds of strangers it would have been fine?

As above if they all isolate before & after why not?

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    What they have not said, is the bride and groom are the captain and first officer. Aircraft is on autopilot.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    They look very happy, apart from the concern about Carbon emissions from the flight, what are you lot getting worked up about?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    As long as everyone on board was aware of the risks and they all quarantine afterwards, then I say why the heck not.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Not Genius! It's utter stupidity.
    Agreed.

One of the Indian variants is very contagious....

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Not Genius! It's utter stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    started a topic Genius!

Genius!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...own-rules.html

Indian couple hold mid-air wedding with 160 guests on board a plane to avoid lockdown rules
    • The couple - known only as Rakesh and Dakshina - got married on board a SpiceJet plane with friends and family on Sunday
    • They had booked a chartered flight from Madurai in the state of Tamil Nadu
    • The state is under lockdown restrictions where weddings limited to 50 guests
    • Video footage showed the couple tying the knot in front of more than 160 guests

Working...
X