• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: cups of tea

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "cups of tea"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    nope, must be another Pimms Addiict
    btw what s AD?

Active directory, she spent most of last summer supporting my migration from the back garden with a jug.

A lovely lady and brilliant at her job

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    Mrs goof, I think I know you. Do you know much about AD ?
    nope, must be another Pimms Addiict
    btw what s AD?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    In the summer I sit in the garden with my laptop and a Jug of Pimms to help me through the day.

Mrs goof, I think I know you. Do you know much about AD ?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Never had the opportunity to work from home, but I always thought the temptation would be to drink alcohol rather than tea.

Anyone ever succumbed ?

Yes, during the summer I had the laptop outside - it was such a great day so I thought I'd crack open a couple of beers during lunch. Followed by some more. Then I phoned a mate up and suggested we both finish early and carry on down the pub.

Everything was going great until a client phoned me up on my mobile at 16:30 to discuss work - trying to speak coherently is one thing. Forgetting you're in a pub with all the noise in the background is another...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Never had the opportunity to work from home, but I always thought the temptation would be to drink alcohol rather than tea.

Anyone ever succumbed ?

Never, and never even wanted to. What have you got to say about that then?

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied

Anyone ever succumbed ?
    In the summer I sit in the garden with my laptop and a Jug of Pimms to help me through the day.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Anyone ever succumbed ?

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Got into a cycle of 4 coffees a day with associated sugar rush and I was feeling like sh1t. After xmas. I have switched to 1 coffee after lunch, 3 teas a day and some liquid agave sweetener (low GI, slow release). Sounds a bit noncey but I am feeling tons better all day.

Leave a comment:

• marcus2704
    replied
    I'd say about 4 a day, but not just from normal-sized mugs, mine is well above average sized

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    I dronk less at home, 1 hr on site and 1 every 2 ours at home.

But the HobNob consumption goes right up at home

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Dont drink tea at client site cos the water is never hot enough to make a decent cup. Coffee goes down at a rate of slightly more than a cup per hr.

I actually drink less when working at home.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    I drink loads - but all herbal or decaf

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by kramer
    take that back

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Is that tea or is coffee included?

Right now I am drinking Green Tea. The one before that was coffee and so proberbly will be my next one.

I suppose I get through one in something less than an hour from something before 8am through to after 9pm.

The thing is ... I've cut down!

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    You are turning ito AtW and I claim a slightly torn and tatty fiver.

take that back

Leave a comment:

Working...
X