• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Official GME shares thread"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    "GameStop shares fall 5% as company looks to cash in on Reddit surge

Video-game retailer reveals plan to sell 3.5m shares to speed up transition to e‑commerce model"

https://www.theguardian.com/business...n-reddit-surge

Just WTF they did not do that few months ago to cash in on kids breakfast money by selling newly minted shares at 400 bucks and use proceeds to buy Blizzard, Activision, Valve etc - kids would have loved that too!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    And if you’re wondering what happened in the end...

Reddit investors adopt 3,500 gorillas in six days https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56416954

#apestogetherstrong

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    266.01 USD

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    6 trading halts in 31min. Every trading halt lasts 5min, this must be a record.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...ng_halt_lasts/

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    After hours 265.80 +0.80 (0.30%)

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    336.39 USD +89.49 (36.25%)

Short squeeze is back on because they just offloaded it to another firm (maybe for just 24 hours) to claim they don’t have shorts anymore
    Ha, brilliant. Seems the price hit 344 then crashed to 188 and is now at 262.

Crazy stuff!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    336.39 USD +89.49 (36.25%)

Short squeeze is back on because they just offloaded it to another firm (maybe for just 24 hours) to claim they don’t have shorts anymore

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post

I sold yesterday at around 245 ish.

Paper hands!
    Pre-market 275.48 +28.58 (11.58%)

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    246.90 usd +52.40 (26.94%)

ffs
    I sold yesterday at around 245 ish.

Paper hands!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    246.90 usd +52.40 (26.94%)

ffs

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Pre-market 212.30 +17.80 (9.15%)

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Quite catchy. Think I'll be humming that all afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    FFS they are still going - 194.50 USD +57.45 (41.92%)!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    ‘I lost £170k on GameStop due to Reddit investors and incompetent stock broker’

As an experienced investor, I recently became heavily invested in a short position in GameStop, the American consumer electronics store, which was doing terribly as a business. But then, a few weeks back, when things started kicking off on Reddit and people started piling into the stock to artificially boost its value, I started rapidly losing money. I was down around £170,000, and my account fell into negative equity.

I told my broker, Interactive Brokers, that I wanted to close out my position as quickly as possible.On Jan 27, GameStop shares opened in the premarket at 9am UK time at $240 (£172), and then traded between $183 and $364 until the New York Stock Exchange opened.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/ka...-stock-broker/

That’s at least +170,000 EXP points

Leave a comment:

Working...
X