• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Small businesses win Covid insurance payouts after UK supreme court victory"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    The wall had insurace? Phew
    Yeah buildings....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

btw, you do realise that you must have cost them many (tens?) millions of pounds?
    Not just them but all other insurers and brokers who thought it was a loophole they could try on any form of insurance if Admiral hadn't been taken to task.

Glad to be of service.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    When I claimed (which was later paid out by the guilty party's insurance company) for my car they've asked me to show them receipt from when I bought it - 4 years ago, and I had it insured with them for 4 years, they only cared if it's mine when they had to pay out FFS!

The wall had insurace? Phew

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They did something to piss me off, so I read the small print of the policy and used Google to see what I could do about it....
    They did piss me off too with their handling of my claim and then hiking up the renewal fee big time (so I moved)...

btw, you do realise that you must have cost them many (tens?) millions of pounds?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

You are a very dangerous type...
    They did something to piss me off, so I read the small print of the policy and used Google to see what I could do about it....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I raised a complaint to a regulator about Admiral years ago as they auto-renewed all their policies but said they may not tell you.

The regulator lawyer was very helpful and got Admiral to "agree" to change all their policies so they had to send a letter or email out first.

You are a very dangerous type...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I raised a complaint to a regulator about Admiral years ago as they auto-renewed all their policies but said they may not tell you.

The regulator lawyer was very helpful and got Admiral to "agree" to change all their policies so they had to send a letter or email out first.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    There was a chap on Moneybox at lunch time who'd had the temerity to ask Admiral if his policy covered his front gate being damaged in a storm.

It didn't.

And they put his renewal up by £300 for asking, having treated the phone call as a claim despite it not leading to anything.

Not to mention the scumbags who charged me £75 when I sold my house before the policy had terminated.

If I'd kept my mouth shut it wouldn't have cost anything.

A lesson learned there then.

Tell the robbing scum nothing.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    When I claimed (which was later paid out by the guilty party's insurance company) for my car they've asked me to show them receipt from when I bought it - 4 years ago, and I had it insured with them for 4 years, they only cared if it's mine when they had to pay out FFS!

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    FTFY

I agree. I have only claimed on insurance once and that was a travel insurance. It took more than a year to get payment they tried every trick to not pay.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    To be fair, insurance is not designed for paying out claims.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    To be fair, insurance is not designed for paying millions of claims at once. They only anticipate 10% to claim.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    They have already changed the wording on insurance policies to remove "outbreaks of disease". I can't get public liability cover with my old insurer thanks to Covid as they stopped those policies.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 16 January 2021, 17:26.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Very similar to the Icelandic volcano when all the travel insurance companies simply refused to pay out since it would be too expensive.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Insurance shock!

The Supreme Court says the robbing bastards have to pay out some money instead of just taking it in.

The Horror! Oh The Horror!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X