• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So the message is to go to primary school tomorrow unless you’ve been told otherwise?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Again, your kids not coming in to school doesn't mean it's shut.
    Splitting hairs though really.

Leave a comment:

• Abbot
    replied
    Again, your kids not coming in to school doesn't mean it's shut. At risk and front line staff will still be able to send their kids.
    Yes, they sent me a form to fill in as my wife is also a teacher. But the school my wife teaches at is completely shut for her group of kids so no point in sending my kids in.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Abbot View Post
    Both my kids are in primary and the school has just messaged to say it’s closing from Thursday. Parents from other schools in the area are saying they received similar messages. Looks like Boris is going to tell us schools will shut after all at 8 tonight.
    Again, your kids not coming in to school doesn't mean it's shut. At risk and front line staff will still be able to send their kids.

Leave a comment:

• Abbot
    replied
    Both my kids are in primary and the school has just messaged to say it’s closing from Thursday. Parents from other schools in the area are saying they received similar messages. Looks like Boris is going to tell us schools will shut after all at 8 tonight.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Just had the email....

Years 5 and 6 go in
    Years 7 and 8 stay off
    I'd make sure you check your email frequently.
    A friend had an email yesterday afternoon confirming they were going to re-open as normal. Another email an hour later alerting they'd be closed as none of the staff wanted to come in.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Primary Schools - Generally open
    Secondary Schools - Generally closed

Simples, however one of mine is in one of the few LEA's that still have Middle School which no one knows where they sit in the above!
    Just had the email....

Years 5 and 6 go in
    Years 7 and 8 stay off

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That's all age-groups not just primary. Schools shut except for vulnerable/key workers was what happened in Lockdown 1 IIRC.
    It is but primary is the more difficult age across the whole school in terms of child care. Year 7/8 at 11 upwards is in the grey area but above that they can somehow manage without it so you might be right in theory but in a critical situation no, the balance isn't there for year 7 upwards.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 4 January 2021, 14:31.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Remember people, one of the reasons for primaries staying open is to look after frontline workers kids as well. They can't close.
    That's all age-groups not just primary. Schools shut except for vulnerable/key workers was what happened in Lockdown 1 IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    ladymuck is part of the Global Covid Conspiracy too!!!

Wish she was part of OnlyFans......

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Remember people, one of the reasons for primaries staying open is to look after frontline workers kids as well. They can't close.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If you are a primary school child, the message is always to go to school unless told otherwise.
    If you are not a primary school child, the message is always do not go to school unless told otherwise.

Schools announce closures all the time due to snow, norovirus outbreaks... they notify parents via email or SMS mostly these days I gather.

I find it odd the fact a substantial minority of schools are not opening is not reported on BBC News. Trying to avoid making it worse?

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I wish, she's hot!

You know we have all stalked you LinkedIn profile.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    ladymuck

Milla Jovovich?

I wish, she's hot!

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    What does Simon say?
    Simon says FOOG

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    ladymuck is part of the Global Covid Conspiracy too!!!

What does Simon say?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X