• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Veganuary

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Veganuary"

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Eat whatever you fancy, really, bat and pangolin included. Just don’t force your preferences to anybody else. Although it would make me mad if someone headed to the African plains and killed an elephant for meat.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Good grief, just eat meat like the rest of us.
    Murderer!

Eating meat is murder!

Only in the West do you get a month to push a lifestyle. Every where else people simply do or don't eat meat, and it isn't a big deal...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Good grief, just eat meat like the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Turning vegan and teetotal in the same month is not a prospect I want to consider
    I could manage the former easily enough but CBA. The latter sounds pretty grim, and would be no good at all for Old Twelvey on the 17th.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The biggest problem is they do it in winter.

If you want the convert people easier to do it in a hotter month.

Oh and you are suppose to have a dry January as well....
    Turning vegan and teetotal in the same month is not a prospect I want to consider

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You're living dangerously ..... equating veganism with wearing a poppy ... that's gonna trigger some of the usuals on here

I can see BR14 now ...
    It’s 2021. He’s kicked the gay conversion therapy and is back on the anger management wagon. We’ll see a much calmer BR14 once he’s into the swing of things.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    The biggest problem is they do it in winter.

If you want the convert people easier to do it in a hotter month.

Oh and you are suppose to have a dry January as well....

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Exactly. It’s voluntary, so really no need to get agitated. It’s like being angry that someone wants men to grow a moustache in November, or people to wear a poppy for Remembrance Sunday. Do it or don’t do it.
    You're living dangerously ..... equating veganism with wearing a poppy ... that's gonna trigger some of the usuals on here

I can see BR14 now ...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It comes around every year. I ignore it and carry on as usual
    Exactly. It’s voluntary, so really no need to get agitated. It’s like being angry that someone wants men to grow a moustache in November, or people to wear a poppy for Remembrance Sunday. Do it or don’t do it.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It comes around every year. I ignore it and carry on as usual

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    started a topic Veganuary

Veganuary

WTF??
    they can't be serious.
    eat rabbit food for a whole month?
    bolloks!