• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Will there be a third wave"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    A certain well-known newspaper describes the people in London as coming from a particular ethnic background.

Harrods stampede sparked terror attack fears as 300 young '''travellers''' without masks tried to force their way into store

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Or large asteroids. Or nearby gamma ray burst or supernova.
    Hope its a champagne one (I want a champagne one!)

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I believe that some people don't know the difference between prevention and cure:

where was the 2nd wave? Didn't happen...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The water cannon couldn't even be legally used in NI let alone anywhere in mainland UK. Khan tried to sell them on but there were no takers so they were sold for scrap metal.

The police don't like the present regime so why bother arresting anyone? To much like hard work especially when anyone they arrest is unlikely to have previous convictions.
    Dammit. They looked like fun

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by dsc View Post
    Don't have to arrest anyone, just fine them, surely that is now written somewhere that people not abiding by the rules of each Tier can get fined right? This is how they enforced masks etc. in France / Italy and other European countries and it worked to some extent so why not in the UK?
    They've been told to hold off with the fining.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Numbers still down because it takes 14-21 days for them to go up

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Busy high streets after lockdown prompt Covid fears but numbers still down | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Cops are not paid enough to risk getting Covid from those young Mor Ons

Leave a comment:

• dsc
    replied
    Don't have to arrest anyone, just fine them, surely that is now written somewhere that people not abiding by the rules of each Tier can get fined right? This is how they enforced masks etc. in France / Italy and other European countries and it worked to some extent so why not in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Khan tried to sell them on but there were no takers so they were sold for scrap metal
    That's a pity, I might have been interested.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Now you've shared the context, I can see what you mean. Why didn't you do that earlier?

Fecking idiots. Only a couple of people arrested? What happened to those water cannon Boris bought?
    The water cannon couldn't even be legally used in NI let alone anywhere in mainland UK. Khan tried to sell them on but there were no takers so they were sold for scrap metal.

The police don't like the present regime so why bother arresting anyone? To much like hard work especially when anyone they arrest is unlikely to have previous convictions.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Now you've shared the context, I can see what you mean. Why didn't you do that earlier?

Fecking idiots. Only a couple of people arrested? What happened to those water cannon Boris bought?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If mRNA works then it will be possible to quickly change vaccine and manufacture a lot, better than how it is done with flu now, with much higher efficacy. Sars2 is stable where it matters for it - corona spikes, either vaccines work or it should get less infectious if spikes go away or something like that.

If you want to be scared then netter think about super-volcanoes, feck all we can do about it.
    Or large asteroids. Or nearby gamma ray burst or supernova.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Hundreds of maskless young people ‘try to storm Harrods’ | Metro News

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Even foreign news have picked up on it although Germany is not doing so well now

Ohne Masken, ohne Sicherheitsabstand: Tausende Briten im Shopping-Wahn -
    News Ausland -
    Bild.de

Leave a comment:

Working...
X