• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DOOM: Don't use the trains at Christmas"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I think that's cheaper than driving my car
    And a lot cheaper compared to driving ones car into a wall...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Just checked, anytime single 2nd Class from my home city to London works out £1.10 per mile.
    I think that's cheaper than driving my car

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Just checked, anytime single 2nd Class from my home city to London works out £1.10 per mile.
    Hopefully that means you'll be staying at home then...

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You could get arrested for that. Better to be simply eccentric and talk about lizards, 5G and Bill Gates.
    Twitching and shouting at an invisible person "you're triggering me" is my go to. A German stare helps as well.
    Last edited by clearedforlanding; 24 November 2020, 20:21.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    You could get arrested for that. Better to be simply eccentric and talk about lizards, 5G and Bill Gates.
    The police should be able to give definitive advice on whether it's "busy", so you could shout it at them when they arrive.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Perhaps throw in a cough or two.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Least you will get a few seats to yourself....
    Perhaps throw in a cough or two.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    So, what, you get on a carriage and scream "is this a busy train?" as loudly as possible?
    Least you will get a few seats to yourself....

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    So, what, you get on a carriage and scream "is this a busy train?" as loudly as possible?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    you have to be very rich to use the trains.
    many fares turn out to be £1/mile. better take a shared taxi.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Won't use them at Xmas as the University return window is the 3rd to the 9th, one whole weekend FFS.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    In the middle of deadly pandemic?

Better not travel - that’s the Official advice

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    Well, poo, I don't have a car at the moment as when my lease ended I didn't see the point.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Considering most years the rail service grinds to a halt at Christmas for essential maintenance, what exactly will be running that is expected to be 'too busy'?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X