• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Is Priti a bully?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is Priti a bully?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Did they hire you out of incompetence or because of a radical commitment to giving cretins employment opportunities?

I didn't work for them directly (I would have gone insane) my employer hired me as tech support and I then did the complicated stuff the installers couldn't do on site. I did work with most of the market makers and the big name companies in the 80s & 90s plus travelled the world fixing issues.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Decades ago I did lots of work in government departments and public sector some of the staff were so incompetent or radical I have no idea why they weren't fired on the spot. My tongue was usually bitten raw by the end of the day.
    Did they hire you out of incompetence or because of a radical commitment to giving cretins employment opportunities?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Decades ago I did lots of work in government departments and public sector some of the staff were so incompetent or radical I have no idea why they weren't fired on the spot. My tongue was usually bitten raw by the end of the day.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Yesterday it emerged the report into her conduct found she told civil servants they were “f***ing useless”.
    I can see why she as a politician is in trouble - she told the truth.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Bully Priti Patel's Home Office has sacked 12 staff in two years - for bullying - Mirror Online

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    https://assets.publishing.service.go..._Secretary.pdf

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Time for a rebrand - Homeland Security perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    May brought in a whole heap of hostile immigration policies when Home Secretary, Windrush was just the cherry on top for her. I'm not sure if you have to be a xenophobe to run the HO or if the job turns you into one...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Home Office is unique in that minister gets license to be nasty
    Yep.

More amusing is that Priti can't claim the Home Office was sexist to her as there were two previous female Home Secretaries.

She can't claim they were racist as the Tory government doesn't believe in it. The government has no intention of taking racism seriously – and it is using MPs of colour to avoid criticism | The Independent

[emoji16]

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Home Office is unique in that minister gets license to be nasty

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Theresa May was a doormat.
    Amber Rudd was "The Home Office Doormat" she had to resign over quota claims.

There as Theresa May helped bring the Windrush scandal as well as consistently annoying the police.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Odd that a certain Mrs May was secretary of state for that department for a long time before being PM. Seems that some people can deal with difficult public sector workers but not their own MPs...
    Theresa May was a doormat.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Interesting farticle in the Guardian. Conflicts between politicians and civil servants are a particular problem in the Home Office:

Why do so many home secretaries fall out with their officials? | Home Office | The Guardian

Civil servants will have their own political views on important issues and, unlike politicians, they are not replaced by an election. The Home Office also deals with some of the issues, like immigration or crime, where left/right divisions are highest.
    Odd that a certain Mrs May was secretary of state for that department for a long time before being PM. Seems that some people can deal with difficult public sector workers but not their own MPs...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Interesting farticle in the Guardian. Conflicts between politicians and civil servants are a particular problem in the Home Office:

Why do so many home secretaries fall out with their officials? | Home Office | The Guardian

Civil servants will have their own political views on important issues and, unlike politicians, they are not replaced by an election. The Home Office also deals with some of the issues, like immigration or crime, where left/right divisions are highest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X