• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Good ban

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good ban"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I've heard of Staines - home of Ali G innit.

Never heard of Spelthorne though, not really a council I've ever needed to concern myself with.

Again, prime example of why Scooty shouldn't be on a town council.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Never heard of them. Thinking more about councils who spend shedloads on flowerbeds where only a few people visit but would probably ruin their vehicles on the countless potholes in the roads.

Or cycle lanes that suddenly stop because they'd not considered where they were going.
    You have heard of Staines?

Spelthorne council leader who made billion-pound bet on property market ousted — The Bureau of Investigative Journalism

They weren't the only council up to this tulip.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Spelthorne Borough Council and their office space?
    Never heard of them. Thinking more about councils who spend shedloads on flowerbeds where only a few people visit but would probably ruin their vehicles on the countless potholes in the roads.

Or cycle lanes that suddenly stop because they'd not considered where they were going.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I think you need to show how you love your adopted country by getting into politics. Remember you don't have to stay in your own city if your grease the right hands.
    This time next year...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Well, you’d be surprised how much it costs these days to build brand new, compliant with all current red tape regulations hard deep underground nuclear bunkers for the councillors.
    I think you need to show how you love your adopted country by getting into politics. Remember you don't have to stay in your own city if your grease the right hands.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Is that the same council that build three council houses at cost £68,000,000 each when only £350,000 were land and building costs and the remainder was spent on consultation?
    Well, you’d be surprised how much it costs these days to build brand new, compliant with all current red tape regulations hard deep underground nuclear bunkers for the councillors.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Is that the same council that build three council houses at cost £68,000,000 each when only £350,000 were land and building costs and the remainder was spent on consultation?

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Croydon regularly appears in PE rotten boroughs, their housing scheme is more than a little corrupt. And don't mention hotel purchases.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    It doesn’t surprise me. Local government aren’t the best businesses people. Too many vanity projects get signed off.
    Spelthorne Borough Council and their office space?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    It doesn’t surprise me. Local government aren’t the best businesses people. Too many vanity projects get signed off.
    As an ex-Robin Hood Energy customer I agree with that statement.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Good ban

Good ban

Croydon Council bans spending under Section 114 notice - BBC News

Working...
X