• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What dis everyone drive in the good all days??"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I always buy my hubbies' boots from them.

so your claims of him always being rock hard are based in fact?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Cemex (formerly Ready Mix Concrete) weren't of much use to me while I was there.
    I always buy my hubbies' boots from them.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Oh bit of a pity. Guinness, Texaco and M&S were good end customers.
    Cemex (formerly Ready Mix Concrete) weren't of much use to me while I was there.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
    Good one, Playstation would probably be on my dream customer list. In 20 years of contracting, I have never been anywhere, where I like their products.
    I used to work at the Porsche test and development center where they have their test track and test their prototypes and competitors cars so saw some cool stuff there but never got to actually 'touch' anything. Possibly because I used to turn up in an AMG (which is actually based not far from there)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
    Good one, Playstation would probably be on my dream customer list. In 20 years of contracting, I have never been anywhere, where I like their products.

Oh bit of a pity. Guinness, Texaco and M&S were good end customers.

Leave a comment:

• caffeine man
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    The reason I started contracting, as a permie in 1998 I turned up to permie work in my Peugeot 305 rust bucket, only for the useless contractor I work with to park beside me in a Bentley !!!!!

A quick look into the invoice system to see his rate, and it was 5 times my salary !!!

Got my very 1st contract at Sony music 6 weeks later on £1500 a week, loved it got free PlayStations, games , music etc, only to discover 6 months in Sony were paying agent £3K a week

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Few years later I roll into new clients site in 911 turbo, on 1st lunch with boss we were passing the car park

Boss says look at that ****** wank car pointing at mine

For the rest of that contact I turned up in a Volvo

Rookie mistake. He was hinting for a tip, so you should have slipped him 20 notes to park it for you each morning.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    The reason I started contracting, as a permie in 1998 I turned up to permie work in my Peugeot 305 rust bucket, only for the useless contractor I work with to park beside me in a Bentley !!!!!

A quick look into the invoice system to see his rate, and it was 5 times my salary !!!

Got my very 1st contract at Sony music 6 weeks later on £1500 a week, loved it got free PlayStations, games , music etc, only to discover 6 months in Sony were paying agent £3K a week

Few years later I roll into new clients site in 911 turbo, on 1st lunch with boss we were passing the car park

Boss says look at that ****** wank car pointing at mine

For the rest of that contact I turned up in a Volvo

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    I hate to tell you but BA have retired the 747.

On an A380 you are going to be near the main F toilet on most airlines. That is the domain of my stuffed monkey as he believes quite rightly that the first class toilets are the cleanest part of the plane.

True. There are often far better locations on an aircraft than row 1. It was a metaphorical point rather than literal. It all depends on the aircraft and how the carrier has configured it.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Never had a car worth bragging about. I just fly as close to the front of the plane as I can at all times Not being a pilot, row 1 is my home...

I hate to tell you but BA have retired the 747.

On an A380 you are going to be near the main F toilet on most airlines. That is the domain of my stuffed monkey as he believes quite rightly that the first class toilets are the cleanest part of the plane.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    My sister decided to run off on foreign travels for the best part of a year so I borrowed her Golf 1.6 diesel for a long daily client commute and put 30,000 miles on it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Drove a merc into a wall

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    I worked at one place where they ribbed mercilessly a very well paid contractor because he drove a car that looked straight from the scrapyard and was worth about £200. By far the worst car in the carpark, even the cleaner would not have been seen dead in it.

Called him "tightwad"

I guess you cannot win unless you conform to the permie middle ground of car ownership.
    Actually that's a valid contractor approach. Like dressing either smarter or scruffier than the permies.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Drove two 8 series BMWs - at the same time.

threaded

Leave a comment:

Working...
X