• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dengue Fever Suffers Have Immunity To Covid"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    I like how the word "may" has been removed from this thread and it's assumed this is an exact proposal.
    I'm practising for my next career writing for the Fail.

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    I like how the word "may" has been removed from this thread and it's assumed this is an exact proposal.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The over 65 version flu vaccine with added bits of dead shark is impressively nasty in my experience.
    I didn't know the over 65 vaccine contains Squalene. I had the tetravalent jab, so no sharks were harmed.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Sounds like you have experience.
    Fortunately not! But I did realise I should have worded that differently

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    More fun getting them, yes. Living with them, maybe not so much.
    Sounds like you have experience.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    The over 65 version flu vaccine with added bits of dead shark is impressively nasty in my experience.

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    do you know if there are any side effects of flu vaccine ?
    Side effects are pretty rare... But you will likely have an immune response which is by design. So you may feel unwell.. that is not a side effect, that's your immune system doing it's job.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Maybe some STDs will counter it. More fun than Dengue anyway.
    More fun getting them, yes. Living with them, maybe not so much.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Flu vaccine - NHS

Flu vaccine side effects

Flu vaccines are very safe. Most side effects are mild and only last for a day or so, such as:

slightly raised temperature

muscle aches

sore arm where the needle went in – this is more likely to happen with the vaccine for people aged 65 and over
    You can't catch flu from the vaccine. If you're going to have an allergic reaction, it'll happen within a minute or two of having the jab so always best to sit in the waiting area for 5 minutes if you think you may be susceptible.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Mine is for next week at Boots. I booked it at the beginning of September.

Boots should be giving them to others under 65 in mid-October however try Lloyds and Tesco pharmacies to see if they have any vaccine.

GP. local and Asda pharmacies are apparently only giving shots to over 65s.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Boots should be giving them to others under 65 in mid-October however try Lloyds and Tesco pharmacies to see if they have any vaccine.

GPs also giving jabs to 50-64 age group if in vulnerable groups (e.g. Asthma etc)

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Maybe some STDs will counter it. More fun than Dengue anyway.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Never had a flu jab, ever, however I would probably have a manflu jab if there was ever one

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    where did you book it. Boots and NHS are not giving jab to anyone under 65 according to the media

Last edited by SueEllen; 22 September 2020, 11:57.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    where did you book it. Boots and NHS are not giving jab to anyone under 65 according to the media
    With Boots, but I booked it a few weeks before that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X