• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another Local Lockdown"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    Covid-19 restrictions: 'Asian weddings have 400 guests - not 15'

The new 15-guest limit would be "out of the question" for South Asian weddings, according to an events manager who has lost all his bookings since March.

Covid-19 restrictions: '''Asian weddings have 400 guests - not 15''' - BBC News

BAME groups hit harder by Covid-19 than white people, UK study suggests

BAME groups hit harder by Covid-19 than white people, UK study suggests | World news | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The wine bars and pubs are in your location may have an issue but not in mine.

In mine the businesses I should report are barbers. I don't believe an entire barbershop including customers can't wear masks.
    Strangely, some wine bars and pubs are still closed. Some have taken social distancing seriously, others seem to to care. I just keep out the way as the risk is too high as I will be travelling shortly.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    There are are several that I know off, the one that had the wedding; I know some people personally therefor I would not reveal which one and then report it to the Daily Mail. However nice the people are who frequent the temple, they should still observe social distancing rules.

EDIT: I also went past some wine bays and pubs, much fewer numbers but again, no social distancing inside and out.
    The wine bars and pubs are in your location may have an issue but not in mine.

In mine the businesses I should report are barbers. I don't believe an entire barbershop including customers can't wear masks.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Which Hindu temple?
    There are are several that I know off, the one that had the wedding; I know some people personally therefor I would not reveal which one and then report it to the Daily Mail. However nice the people are who frequent the temple, they should still observe social distancing rules.

EDIT: I also went past some wine bays and pubs, much fewer numbers but again, no social distancing inside and out.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    All of this was an absolute certainty the minute the pubs re-opened. It was only a matter of time.
    The timing suggests it has more to do with schools and universities re-opening. Pubs have been open since July, and there's a spike now, about 3 weeks after the schools went back. Coincidence...?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Hindu weddings can be huge but I thought they usually take over a hotel or some such as temples aren't really big enough to accommodate. And they can take a few days so that could be disruptive to day to day temple business.

No direct experience, just what I've seen and read over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I was in Southampton yesterday and there was a wedding at a Hindu Temple, three coaches from Liverpool, Birmingham and
    London. In two weeks time I am sure they will be moaning how Covid-19 unfairly effects them.

Edit: BTW no masks on anyone!
    Which Hindu temple?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I was in Southampton yesterday and there was a wedding at a Hindu Temple, three coaches from Liverpool, Birmingham and
    London. In two weeks time I am sure they will be moaning how Covid-19 unfairly effects them.

Edit: BTW no masks on anyone!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    COVID is killing 15 people a day in the UK just now and the average age of fatalities is over 80. If you're fat you've had 6 months to shed the weight.

Hardly anyone pays more in tax than the average cost per person in public spending. Time to get every lazy paranoid fooker back to work as the country is not a charity.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Subjects & cannon fodder.

It was always thus.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Makes me lough when people still believe the gov acts in their interest. The whole act is just how to show that you care more by actually caring less.
    They want economic activity and peace for the rulling masters, whether a few die or not in the meanwhile does not actually matter.
    The first wave and initial lockdown raised some important questions about pay, essential workers. And our role in society. While some were thrown into the front line and forced to stay there(you quit, no benefits for you) others were protected.
    They won’t allow for those questions to be raised again so they’ll push under a rug everything that needs to be pushed.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    All of this was an absolute certainty the minute the pubs re-opened. It was only a matter of time.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I saw rumblings about a London lock down too. Not unexpected.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I honestly think that this government is not taking this seriously enough. There are growing cases happening in these areas and so they announce a lockdown to start in 4 days time, after a sunny weekend so that people are going to go out and mingle (as can be seen on the Mail). If you look at nearly every other country, as soon as cases start to rise, the lockdown is implemented immediately to stop a further rise of cases, what on earth goes through Hancock's brain when he looks at the figures....
    Travel restrictions in Co. Dublin were put in place last night before the weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X