• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Keep calm and keep billing"

Collapse

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    The downside of this is you have to study law first.
    I've studied Law for a year, it's more interesting than Computer Science!

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Happened to me once as well. The bloke that runs my payroll is a right useless tw@t. Saying that so is the HR Manager and Sales Manager etc etc
    Who’d have thought that a month away from my considerably large distribution we’d finally agree on something.

Leave a comment:

• Chief People Officer
    replied
    Happened to me once as well. The bloke that runs my payroll is a right useless tw@t. Saying that so is the HR Manager and Sales Manager etc etc
    Fair points, given we hired you.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I didn't get my wages for 3 months and didn't notice.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    Tbh I haven't needed to check
    I didn't get my wages for 3 months and didn't notice. I pay someone to do that. Fortunately, they noticed before it dropped below the 75K passive income LondonPM1 has.

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    You got your wage this month?
    Tbh I haven't needed to check

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've known lawyers take their clients out for dinner. And then charge them for the meal and the time. My doctor charges on 5 minute intervals - but fortunately, it's only about £15 per 5 minutes. And the insurance pays most of it.
    Yup. Found this out the hard way when filing my first patent in Munich.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    No
    You got your wage this month?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I've known lawyers take their clients out for dinner. And then charge them for the meal and the time. My doctor charges on 5 minute intervals - but fortunately, it's only about £15 per 5 minutes. And the insurance pays most of it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    I once worked with a firm which used super expensive Magic Circle type law firms. Some of the US based lawyers used to fly first class from New York to London and as well as expensing that, half the journey time counted as billable at a rate of £500-1000/hour.

Lawyers often bill in six minute segments. I once had a personal meeting with a junior-ish employment lawyer at a city law firm. After she offered to make me a tea, we had a very brief chit chat before the business discussion and I realised that had already cost me £100.
    I've seen lawyers bill in 2.5 minute segments.

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    I once billed 8 hours for doing next to nothing.. I say once.. I mean once a day for the last 12 years
    No

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    I once worked with a firm which used super expensive Magic Circle type law firms. Some of the US based lawyers used to fly first class from New York to London and as well as expensing that, half the journey time counted as billable at a rate of £500-1000/hour.

Lawyers often bill in six minute segments. I once had a personal meeting with a junior-ish employment lawyer at a city law firm. After she offered to make me a tea, we had a very brief chit chat before the business discussion and I realised that had already cost me £100.
    The downside of this is you have to study law first.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Compared with lawyers invoices, that is pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by Ploptimus View Post
    Make sure you copy the image address not the page and put it in IMG tags

*I honestly don't know what the **** is wrong with me.
    **Woohoo! Finally!

Leave a comment:

• Ploptimus
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Or my daughter's stuffed IKEA Monkey. Constantly pissed and leading me astray.

It has been 5 years CUcKolds. Can someone please finally teach me how to embed images? Talking of which, where is Greenlake?
    Make sure you copy the image address not the page and put it in IMG tags

Leave a comment:

Working...
X