• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "We know where you live"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Imagine during lockdown there were so few punters some actually became supermarket delivery drivers....
    Maybe they saw that as a step up rather than driving warty!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Moved from there to SE London and couldn't get a cab for love nor money, until the crash of 2008 and then suddenly cabbies would take us home. They'd complain the whole way, but at least they took us
    Imagine during lockdown there were so few punters some actually became supermarket delivery drivers....

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    because they are making tulip up. If they knew where tax evaders lived they would have dots on Monaco & BVI.
    [PEDANTIC MODE ON] If they lived there, they wouldn't be tax evaders. They'd be tax payers at a very much reduced rate. [PEDANTIC MODE ALWAYS ON]

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Imagine people not wanting to take you home

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Go on Aberdeen! Come on you reds!
    Oil industry contractors?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    because they are making tulip up. If they knew where tax evaders lived they would have dots on Monaco & BVI.
    That's just my correspondence address...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Lived in Chafford 100 when the wife and I headed back south in late 90's. Loads of cabbies there. Late at night if we wanted a 'cheap' cab ride we'd walk along the taxi rank at Liverpool Street and call out we were looking for a ride to Chafford. Last ride of the night there were always a few willing to offer

Moved from there to SE London and couldn't get a cab for love nor money, until the crash of 2008 and then suddenly cabbies would take us home. They'd complain the whole way, but at least they took us

Imagine people not wanting to take you home

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Most cabbies seem to live in Kent or Essex. Try going from East to West late at night and they all get annoyed as they want fares that take them closer to home.
    Lived in Chafford 100 when the wife and I headed back south in late 90's. Loads of cabbies there. Late at night if we wanted a 'cheap' cab ride we'd walk along the taxi rank at Liverpool Street and call out we were looking for a ride to Chafford. Last ride of the night there were always a few willing to offer

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    if they know where they live why don't they charge them with tax evasion

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    if they know where they live why don't they charge them with tax evasion

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    And in Scotland:

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Most cabbies seem to live in Kent or Essex. Try going from East to West late at night and they all get annoyed as they want fares that take them closer to home.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Don't worry about the meter Love, its broken, I'll do yer a cheap fare so long as yer don't want to go SARF of the river...
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The whole of London? Wowsers, that's impressive.

Windsor is #1. Who lives there, I wonder...

Don't worry about the meter Love, its broken, I'll do yer a cheap fare so long as yer don't want to go souf of the river...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The whole of London? Wowsers, that's impressive.

Windsor is #1. Who lives there, I wonder...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X