• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: DOOM: House prices

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DOOM: House prices"

Collapse

• PCTNN
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Stamp duty on it (as 2nd home): £221,250.00

oh dang. you can buy a fairly decent flat for that price everywhere in the UK except London.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Prawn cocktails all around!
    Only for the mega successful, never make a loss, Scooty

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Hardly a second home for most. If I had that sort of money, I wouldn't still be in Manchester, as endearing as it is (or is that was?)
    Nothing wrong with Manchester when it's not in lockdown...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Prawn cocktails all around!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Mini house-buying boom leads to highest ever monthly price - BBC News

House prices hit a new all time high in July as the property market gradually reopened, after being put on pause during the coronavirus lockdown.

According to the latest Halifax House Price Index the average price of a home was £241,604 last month, 1.7% higher than June's £237,834.

Prices are 3.8% higher than July 2019.
    Me 'ouse it me pension

Retirement is looking sweet, with stock market, gold and property portfolio bulging with profits.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Hardly a second home for most. If I had that sort of money, I wouldn't still be in Manchester, as endearing as it is (or is that was?)
    Are you having a laff m8?

Buying a 2 mln quid place and not having any other properties (abroad also counts as it turned out)?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

There is one nice house locally that is in that range - been on the market for the last 5 years, maybe a lot more!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Just seen a 7-bed detached in Newquay dropped from £2.5m to £2.15m; it had been for sale for some time though, so perhaps the owners need the dosh much more now. Needs extensive renovation inside apparently so perhaps they've had to deal with some unpleasant truths from the estate agent.

There is one nice house locally that is in that range - been on the market for the last 5 years, maybe a lot more!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Just seen a 7-bed detached in Newquay dropped from £2.5m to £2.15m; it had been for sale for some time though, so perhaps the owners need the dosh much more now. Needs extensive renovation inside apparently so perhaps they've had to deal with some unpleasant truths from the estate agent.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    God, what a pathetic, tawdry, outdated vision.

I'm pretty disillusioned with Boris, and I strongly suspect he will stitch us up over Brexit, for example by agreeing to this "level playing field" bollox
    Understatement of the millennium!

A joke and shower of a govt.

I'd rather have 1000 years of Gordon Brown on his worst day that these tards.

But still better than Komrade Korbyn

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I'm pretty disillusioned with Boris
    Really? 'Pretty' disillusioned ...

I strongly suspect he will stitch us up over Brexit, for example by agreeing to this "level playing field" bollox
    I suspect Boris and the Tories will do what suits Boris and the Tories. If you think that the Tories ever have the people's best interest at heart....

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

Didn't boris order to build build build? ..
    God, what a pathetic, tawdry, outdated vision.

I'm pretty disillusioned with Boris, and I strongly suspect he will stitch us up over Brexit, for example by agreeing to this "level playing field" bollox

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Didn't boris order to build build build?

There's going to be houses for everyone, no need to worry.

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    This is crazy that first time buyers thing they want to buy is a house. Why not buy a tent first, learn everything about it and then gradually build your portfolio from there.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic DOOM: House prices

DOOM: House prices

“ In a report, the think tank says that higher unemployment, falling incomes and the risk of more restrictive lending will hinder first-time buyers. If the average first-time buyer loan-to-value ratio falls to 80 per cent, as it did in the wake of financial crisis, by 2024 the typical number of years required to save for a deposit will have risen to 27 even if house prices fell by 22 per cent, it says.”

Housing market could see boom followed by bust | Business | The Times

Working...
X