• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Me house is me pension"

Collapse

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Just up the inheritance tax and let COVID run riot. Problem solved
    And let them run loose on beer and poor quality food. “Eat out to help out”...
    Makes sense

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Just up the inheritance tax and let COVID run riot. Problem solved

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    So the now old people had all kind of loop holes and ways to avoid tax at their disposal and now manipulated woke young generation wants everyone (but them) to pay high taxes and loopholes closed. Little do they know that if they stay poor, the wealthy now old people will be able to control them easier.
    FOG

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    So the now old people had all kind of loop holes and ways to avoid tax at their disposal and now manipulated woke young generation wants everyone (but them) to pay high taxes and loopholes closed. Little do they know that if they stay poor, the wealthy now old people will be able to control them easier.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fiisch View Post
    Quick - time to transfer your house ownership into the limited company....
    Corp tax + divi tax = worse than CGT

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Not every property is on the Land Registry.

Quite a few have been in the same family for centuries, and only sales after 1925 have been officially registered.
    In 1925 price was probably a hundred pounds

So assume 0 and CGT on the whole lot

Here is even better idea - higher CGT for longer holdongs (wealth hoarding - tax avoidance)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Why do you still pay tax? You've always raving how awesome it is your can print your own sovereign currency - let's print!
    I pay tax because I don’t want to end up like BrilloPad

Same reason I don’t get married...

Leave a comment:

• fiisch
    replied
    Quick - time to transfer your house ownership into the limited company....

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    CGT on real estate should be easy to administer - just take % from difference between new sale price vs previous as recorded in the Land Registry - take money at source too, like stamp duty before money even reach seller.

Fair, easy - but won’t happen. ...
    Not every property is on the Land Registry.

Quite a few have been in the same family for centuries, and only sales after 1925 have been officially registered.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    For the Govt...

“ British homes could be the new source of billions of pounds in much needed revenue for the Government in the form of a wealth tax, following the economic devastation of the coronavirus pandemic.”

How would a wealth tax work and what would it look like?

There should be a tax on links to paywall sites.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    For those weird morons frothing at the mouth to handover more tax to Boris and his cronies to piss up the wall, please cancel your ISA and pension arrangements and donate to the following good cause.

| CRND

TIA

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Why do you still pay tax? You've always raving how awesome it is your can print your own sovereign currency - let's print!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I thought council tax was only for local services? ..
    And maybe you think that Wealth Tax will be tax to make the wealthy even more wealthy?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    It’s called Council Tax in the UK

And it does not matter that they did not re-value for some time - it is based on market value, unlikely to have changed in relative terms to each band

Maybe Conservatives should rename it as Wealth Tax - this way they can tax the rich and get rid of hated Council Tax!
    I thought council tax was only for local services? i.e. not income tax levels as it is in the channel islands.

Been away too long me...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Then with the extra tax revenue, pay some mates £150m for PPE that doesn't work.

Coronavirus: Outcry over GBP150m of worthless facemasks prompts spending inquiry | News | The Times
    Boris will drain the swamp!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X