• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Debenhams sale

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Debenhams sale"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Fook off Gricer

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You can't do that with make up.
    How do you get make up while wearing a mask?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I know

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    Same experience here.

These days when people go to such department stores, they go to look at things, see if they fit and then get their smartphone and order from whichever online store has the best price.

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Hey Debenhams haven't really given anything to their customers either.

Every time I go in there I am transported back to the 1980s.
    Same experience here.

These days when people go to such department stores, they go to look at things, see if they fit and then get their smartphone and order from whichever online store has the best price.

Maybe these stores could think of selling the tickets and offer a service of finding best price online for products on display?

Unintended consequence of such tax may be that it will be too expensive to buy online, but not cheap enough to go to physical store. Suddenly you will have gangs selling toasters and pans.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The practice of having departmental franchises is a contributing factor to Debenham's failure.
    Plus having a messy online presence and too many stores near each other.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Some have a Sports Direct in them - well they did the last time I ran into one to use some vouchers I discovered.
    The practice of having departmental franchises is a contributing factor to Debenham's failure.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    hardly classy.
    They are in the House of Frazer now too - thankfuly nobody was visting it for a while, so nobody gets upset about new lack of class

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Some have a Sports Direct in them - well they did the last time I ran into one to use some vouchers I discovered.

hardly classy.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    I miss the 80s. I have never walked into a Debenhams. I hope I will get this experience.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied

I miss the 80s. I have never walked into a Debenhams. I hope I will get this experience.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
    I had some Debenhams shares. Shareholders are getting nothing from this sale.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
    Waste of the electricity of they are produced on.

Leave a comment:

• caffeine man
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Debenhams sale

Debenhams sale

“ Debenhams up for sale again as lockdown stymies rescue efforts

Beleaguered department store chain hopes to complete restructuring by September”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Personally I am waiting for DFS

Working...
X