• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IR35 - Working abroad - from home :)"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    OK, before we have another question from you, can you tell us who your accountant is?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Henrik67 View Post
    Uk Ltd Co for my bank account - The agency is in Poland.
    IR35 not applicable then

Leave a comment:

• Henrik67
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    So UK LtdCo and UK agency?
    Uk Ltd Co for my bank account - The agency is in Poland.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Hi, I will be paid direct into UK business bank account (or probably any bank account I don't think the agency will know or care...
    So UK LtdCo and UK agency?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik67
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The most important part has been missed, how will you be paid? Knowing that will tell you where your liabilities lies
    Hi, I will be paid direct into UK business bank account (or probably any bank account I don't think the agency will know or care...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Hi all

I have a new contract opportunity - Agency in Poland, paid in Euros. End Client is US. remote working for EU projects (not UK) - Does IR35 apply in this scenario?

Thanks
    The most important part has been missed, how will you be paid? Knowing that will tell you where your liabilities lies

Leave a comment:

• Henrik67
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I don't know.

Some people have an aol.com email address, others have an aol.co.uk email address. And then some people have the same name in front of both.

Weird, huh?
    Not at all, they are both my accounts. Good spot - sometimes the people on this forum can be quite sanctimonious so at times I ask the same or similar question to try elicit more info. thanks for your input.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Why would I have 2 accounts if I only wanted 1?
    I don't know.

Some people have an aol.com email address, others have an aol.co.uk email address. And then some people have the same name in front of both.

Weird, huh?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik67
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    By the way, would you like us to merge your two accounts into one?
    Why would I have 2 accounts if I only wanted 1?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    By the way, would you like us to merge your two accounts into one?

Leave a comment:

• mjcp
    replied
    Hi all

End Client is US.

Thanks
    In addition to other posts, also specifically check your insurance cover (PI / PL etc) - I have seen some that exclude US related work / there is a question at proposal/renewal stage that asks if any of your work will be for the US / US markets / US parent etc. You may have previously said "No" and renewed on the same terms - thus not be covered.

If you end up traveling to the US as part of it, also check your travel insurance (.. covers both US and specifically, business travel to the US/on behalf of your business etc)

M

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Just make sure the contract is outside IR35 and not worry about it. It is highly unlikely that HMRC would contact a foreign client. The biggest risk in this case is ensuring you get paid. I would advise asking for weekly payments. The fact that you are remote reduces the risk as you won't have any travel costs.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 June 2020, 08:33.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    You have IR35 to consider, possibly.
    You've got US jurisdiction to consider, possibly.
    You've got exchange rates to consider and possibly extra charges by banks/accountants.

Based on your previous posts, I would suggest you think long and hard before making any decision on it.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Hi all

I have a new contract opportunity - Agency in Poland, paid in Euros. End Client is US. remote working for EU projects (not UK) - Does IR35 apply in this scenario?

Thanks
    Depends where you live. I'd be more worried about what the fook happens if someone decides they're not going to pay you. IR35 is likely to be the least of your worries.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...aid-euros.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X