• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BBC presenter not impartial"

Collapse

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Yes mum.

It is far right. We are agreed on that.

It is extremist in that it is very impartial and unbalanced - a bit like you with your obsession with gin.

It is not extreme right. I’ve not read anything on it telling you to go out and kill anyone from the moderate right or centre of politics.

There’s some hope for you. Not much, but some.

Now go enjoy the fact that you can meet up with Pam and her 5 friends now the virus has been defeated by the Archangel Dominic and Saint Boris.
    I never agreed with that. Did you mistake me quoting your words for my own? Cut back, seriously...

Changing your own previously stated definition to suit your purposes, because you can’t admit you were wrong, classic.

Chortle, what a zinger.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Yes mum.

It is extremist in that it is very impartial and unbalanced - a bit like you with your obsession with gin.

It is not extreme right. I’ve not read anything on it telling you to go out and kill anyone from the moderate right or centre of politics.

Now go enjoy the fact that you can meet up with Pam and her 5 friends now the virus has been defeated by the Archangel Dominic and Saint Boris.

Being unbalanced does not mean it is extremist. Otherwise some of the MODs would be locked up forever.

extremist/ɪkˈstriːmɪst,ɛkˈstriːmɪst/
    Learn to pronounce

nounDEROGATORY

[COLOR=#878787 !important]noun: extremist; plural noun: extremists[/COLOR]

• a person who holds extreme political or religious views, especially one who advocates illegal, violent, or other extreme action.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"right-wing extremists"[/COLOR]

Holding a view you don't agree with does not make it extreme. As before you say the proof is in supporting the elected prime minister, the leader of the house and supporting the current government. None of those seem extreme. Do explain how they or others are. As you admit there are no calls to violence

Wanting to tax the rich until the pips squeak and drop the nuclear deterrent both seem a bit odd to me and something I wouldn't vote for but they are frequently labour policy.

I do think antisemitic behaviour,communism and using undercover activists is extreme and they seem to be momentum policies.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Memory loss is no laughing matter, cut back on the gin and or pills

Yes mum.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Show me where I called it extremist.
    You mean "Anti-BBC far right extremist website complains that a journalist spends more time examining what the prime minister does than people of less importance"
    Memory loss is no laughing matter, cut back on the gin and or pills

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Given, you called the guido website extremist. according to what your definition posted above, where does the website promote/support violence?
    Show me where I called it extremist.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Why are you deflecting?

Ok then,
    What is your definition of far right?
    What is the generally accepted definition?

Where in any of the links you posted does guido Fawkes qualify?
    Let's get this right, you're accusing me of deflecting, then rather than answer the simple question, you deflect from it.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Why Donald Trump attacks the media - BBC News

29 July 2018

Full transcript: President Trump’s CPAC speech - Vox

"They're very dishonest people. In fact, in covering my comments, the dishonest media did not explain that I called the fake news the enemy of the people — the fake news. They dropped off the word “fake”. And all of a sudden the story became the media is the enemy."

It's amateur hour at the BBC. But to misquote someone to that extent shows malice.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Sort of with you, except I'd go in 20s...
    20% Far Right
    20% Right
    20% Central
    20% Left
    20% Far Left

To me, the "unacceptable" end is the extreme far left/right. And I'd say "extreme" is where you would actively go out of your way to be physically violent to someone who doesn't agree with you, or you support/promote those activities.

e.g. Momentum is far left. But I don't believe it is extreme (although I'm sure it contains some people with extreme viewpoints)

Extremes tend to have fewer adherents so 10% at the extremes makes sense and 40% in the centre. You also have to remember lots of people don't care about politics until it affects them!

The problem with many of the positions is that it is normally decided by how the policy affects the individual person. My Kids were all for free tuition fees until I pointed out that the Universities wouldn't be able to afford to teach them without fees.

Unplanned low skill immigration doesn't really affect me, I have a well paid professional job, stacks of savings and a nice big house that I own. However it does affect friends who have a family of 5 in a 2 bed flat / 4 in a 1 bed flat with depressed wages in their fairly unskilled jobs. I think its wrong but might vote for a policy that affects me more.

Many dislike unions until they help you personally. Even so it is unhealthy the way Labour and the Unions are bound together.

Many may like green power on both sides of the fence, the right may suggest it should be cost effective. That dirty bit of capitalism that comes with being conservative.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    20% Far Right
    20% Right
    20% Central
    20% Left
    20% Far Left

To me, the "unacceptable" end is the extreme far left/right. And I'd say "extreme" is where you would actively go out of your way to be physically violent to someone who doesn't agree with you, or you support/promote those activities.

e.g. Momentum is far left. But I don't believe it is extreme (although I'm sure it contains some people with extreme viewpoints)
    Given, you called the guido website extremist. according to what your definition posted above, where does the website promote/support violence?

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Your definition of "Far right" may well be different to a generally accepted definition, or to mine. That doesn't make you correct.

List the following people in terms of how far right they are:

Enoch Powel
    Tommy Robinson
    Nick Griffin
    Nigel Farage
    Jacob Rees Mogg
    Boris Johnson
    Margaret Thatcher
    Tony Blair
    Bean

Then decide which are "right wing" and which (if any) are "far right"
    Why are you deflecting?

Ok then,
    What is your definition of far right?
    What is the generally accepted definition?

Where in any of the links you posted does guido Fawkes qualify?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Seriously, did you have an aneurysm? Some medical reason for your stupidity?

I just can't process that you managed to carry off a series of rational posts for long enough to get asked to be a moderator.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    20% Far Right
    20% Right
    20% Central
    20% Left
    20% Far Left

Did you ask to become a moderator or did someone decide you would be a good fit?

"well they all keep calling each other cretins, lets put a real, 100% cretin in charge"

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Personally I believe "Far" (Right or Left) equates to holding views that are unacceptable to 90% of the electorate. Therefore Momentum putting forward activists to push their message without disclosing they are activists is jas bad as Tommy Twerp spreading some of his poison.
    20% Far Right
    20% Right
    20% Central
    20% Left
    20% Far Left

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Clarkson, Kyle, Vine or Corbyn?

(I think I may have written that right to left. )
    There can be only one Jezzy Bell (end).

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Some on here suggest anyone right of Jezzy is far right.
    Clarkson, Kyle, Vine or Corbyn?

(I think I may have written that right to left. )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X