• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "London: no new cases in 24 hours"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I was under 44 at the beginning of the year. Does my birthday in Feb mean my risk significantly increased since then?
    If you're only 44 now you're safe for another 12 months. Best not make any long term plans though

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am 44 now
    You're still safe for another year .. after that

At 50, I'm buggered

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I am 44 now

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Interesting graph showing 'normal' rates of death vs this year for 3 age brackets. I'd like to see the 45-74 broken down further. The take away ... if you're under 44 you're no more likely to have died this year than a normal year.

I was under 44 at the beginning of the year. Does my birthday in Feb mean my risk significantly increased since then?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Interesting graph showing 'normal' rates of death vs this year for 3 age brackets. I'd like to see the 45-74 broken down further. The take away ... if you're under 44 you're no more likely to have died this year than a normal year.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Hurray, farmers markets can restart from next week. Now I can get my organic, moonlit harvested, hand milled quinoa for twice the price than the packet stuff you get from Tesco!

Or some nice cheese. That's what I did at my tiny local market on Saturday. Also a decent gluten free baker has appeared, so YG1 (who is coeliac) can cycle down there herself on a Saturday morning to pick up her bread. She could do with a bit of independence.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Hurray, farmers markets can restart from next week. Now I can get my organic, moonlit harvested, hand milled quinoa for twice the price than the packet stuff you get from Tesco!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    No - just trying Pooper’s contrarian view on this
    Cummings and Centrica both start with the same letter.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Has Cummings got dirt on you too?
    No - just trying Pooper’s contrarian view on this

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Maybe Alexei believes that the political elite should have Zil lanes to take them to their Covid 19 gosdacha bolt-holes.
    You mean like his pal Boris Johnson?

https://twitter.com/LettersOfNote/st...828101632?s=09

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Maybe Alexei believes that the political elite should have Zil lanes to take them to their Covid 19 gosdacha bolt-holes.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Law should apply to everybody equally - it is not proportional for him (or anybody in his position) to be fired.

Small fine is maximum he should get and only if police always follows up same reports

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Law should apply to everybody equally - it is not proportional for him (or anybody in his position) to be fired.

Small fine is maximum he should get and only if police always follows up same reports

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    So you think it’s ethical to force somebody out of job in current environment where millions are about to lose theirs?
    In this situation yes.

Interestingly the PM made the situation worse again - Dominic Cummings facing possible police investigation as pressure mounts | Politics | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Cummings hasn't studied ethnics.

You need to if you are a medical doctor or do any academic research involving people.
    So you think it’s ethical to force somebody out of job in current environment where millions are about to lose theirs?

40% of private cars were moving at lowest point of lockdown - you think all of them did not break rules?
    Last edited by AtW; 24 May 2020, 20:52.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Cummings hasn't studied ethnics.
    Maybe he should have instead of studying gullible Eton fools...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X