• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Is your job....

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is your job...."

Collapse

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    I am not a Number!

Oh, wait, yes I am. Nevermind, carry on....
    No you are an alphanumeric, if you are in doubt check your NI card!!!

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    I am not a Number!

I much prefer banging on about my personal life.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope
    You're just a number
    I am not a Number!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Actually I should retract that, most of the people I work with are quite okay, the consultants are blood sucking suckers and my boss is as mad as a balloon.(and I hope someone does him in his blow-hole)

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    The work is okay, the people are difficult.
    People indeed - I am about to bail out of a renewal for an absurdly lucrative long-termer because some of the 'people' are full blown mentalists and as a result the voices in my head are getting very, very agitated.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    You're just a number

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN
    "People" ... wow that's a new concept. We only talk about systems, infrastructures, users etc but never "people"
    He must be talking about resources, perhaps....

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    "People" ... wow that's a new concept. We only talk about systems, infrastructures, users etc but never "people"

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    The work is okay, the people are difficult.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    bored
    ..or boring?

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    yup! isn't it supposed to be?????

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    started a poll Is your job....

Is your job....

Your life? You love IT and alienate all your mates by harping on about how much money you earn.
    16.22%
    Ok. You enjoy IT but don't bang on about it as you know that it's f**king boring
    29.73%
    Tolerable. Switch your brain off and get on with it, occasionally enjoying what you do.
    40.54%
    An absolute c**t. You question why you ever got the f**k into IT.
    13.51%
    bored

Working...
X