• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Grab your house price discount!"

Collapse

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    Yeah, agent isn't doing *any* viewings though. They asked me to make a video tour. Also the place I wanted is tenanted, and they can't kick the buggers out at the moment.

The amount of effort to get my place looking presentable again while spending 24/7 here, oof.

Plus it's obviously dropped off the 14 day search on rightmove. I asked them to see if they can get it reset, they say they're talking to rightmove about it. But basically everything's on hold for a while, it seems.
    you are probably looking at 6 months earliest before you will get the tenants out.

On the subject of rightmove. These guys are losing share amongst vendors and agents and traction amongst buyers and tenants because everyone is up in arms about the way they are fleecing agents and vendors. I know a number of agents and vendors who will not use them for this reason. I would request that the property is removed from rightmove. Onthemarket works better for me these days than rightmove or zoopla.

You will find it difficult in current times mainly because buyers buying to live in a premises want to see it in person. A video tour will only reduce that buyers shortlist. Some investors might buy of a video tour but they are a big number percentage wise.

Leave a comment:

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Supply and demand, init? Reduce the price sufficiently and demand will increase. Expect your “perfect place” to be cheaper too.
    Yeah, agent isn't doing *any* viewings though. They asked me to make a video tour. Also the place I wanted is tenanted, and they can't kick the buggers out at the moment.

The amount of effort to get my place looking presentable again while spending 24/7 here, oof.

Plus it's obviously dropped off the 14 day search on rightmove. I asked them to see if they can get it reset, they say they're talking to rightmove about it. But basically everything's on hold for a while, it seems.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Was trying to sell my house just before corona hit. Found the perfect place I wanted to buy. Had numerous viewings, one potential offer. Then it came crashing down.

Can't even imagine how long I'll be stuck here now.
    Until you drop the price down to a level that gets an offer. If the price is stuck, then so are you.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Was trying to sell my house just before corona hit. Found the perfect place I wanted to buy. Had numerous viewings, one potential offer. Then it came crashing down.

Supply and demand, init? Reduce the price sufficiently and demand will increase. Expect your “perfect place” to be cheaper too.

Leave a comment:

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    [QUOTE=TheGreenBastard;2769267]Is this your website? Court Guinness // The Trade House

Great site. Snap these up. Bargain.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I think I remember you from the IPSE forum...
    Yes when it had value..

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    Yes
    I think I remember you from the IPSE forum...

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    FTFY
    If it hasn't been featured on ZH then it's not real doom

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Fair play

Now onto more important things, how much Bitcoin do you hold and what's your favourite tulipcoin?
    I have just started a little mining project with one of my webservers.
    There is not much there yet.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    Yes
    Fair play

Now onto more important things, how much Bitcoin do you hold and what's your favourite tulipcoin?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    ZH Charts or it didn't happen
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Charts or it didn't happen

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I'm wondering why you're here on this forum then. Not sure I'd hang out much if I had your kind of money.

Anyway, I was looking for land/property and almost exchanged on a sizeable (for me) build but then as fortune would have it C19 hit and we walked away. I am keeping an ear to the ground but only at 30%+ discount to what prices were back in Feb. On that deal we nearly did, we will go back at 30% less on the price and leave it on the table. This is for a self-build project for our own home, based just west of London.

As for our rental business, we may also look to expand this at some point but only at 20%+ discount to Feb prices. At the moment there is no such opportunity. But things move slowly in property. Much the same as in your case, my wife manages this side of the business. I'm also going to be quitting I.T. this year.

Will be an interesting couple of years.
    It depends. 30% drop on land in locations west of London. Hmmm. West of London conjures up some good locations where 30% isnt going to happen. Also size. if its just for one dwelling. Just keep an eyes and pounce when happy.

You need to wait until at least September for suitable BTL stock.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Is this your website? Court Guinness // The Trade House
    Yes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X