• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New NHS App for Contact Chasing"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    As a nerd it's a shame the app doesn't present any data. I would love to see how many people it has registered contact with, a list of places I checked in, etc.
    Like a Google timeline add on?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    That must be 5-6 years old!

Do you work in tech by any chance?
    At least Been in this house over 5 years and I got it when living in London. It works perfectly well, why change it Oh, and I'm tight as a duck's rear end

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    As a nerd it's a shame the app doesn't present any data. I would love to see how many people it has registered contact with, a list of places I checked in, etc.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    I must admit that when I first saw the thread title, I thought it read 'New NHS App for Contract Chasing'

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Just read this about the versions of IoS and Android that the app works on. Seems a little limiting! I'm on Android 4 so not even an option for me.

And with IoS only as recent as may 2020 ..... hmmmm, hope the Tories are not hoping for a big take up
    That must be 5-6 years old!

Do you work in tech by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    Anyone would think BoJo believes he's the next Elon Musk...
    Cummings probably believes that of himself.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And there is no need to boast about world-beating and moonshots. It's just daft.
    Anyone would think BoJo believes he's the next Elon Musk...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    You don't spend prolonged periods of time in the same room, using the same toilet, interacting with waitresses, etc.

There's perhaps an argument for 'checking in' to a bus but idealism has to be tempered with practicality.
    What about an Intercity train then?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    So what a bus or a shop or anywhere else there are people, shouldn't they then have QR codes?
    You don't spend prolonged periods of time in the same room, using the same toilet, interacting with waitresses, etc.

There's perhaps an argument for 'checking in' to a bus but idealism has to be tempered with practicality.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Crikey, is it May already? I was distracted by Easter being cancelled.
    No unfortunately she isn't PM anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Crikey, is it May already? I was distracted by Easter being cancelled.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    So what a bus or a shop or anywhere else there are people, shouldn't they then have QR codes?
    If you are in a pub which has an outbreak, you might not trigger the proximity-duration feature but everything might be smeared with CV.
    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Isn't that what the app without checking does anyway? If you're in close proximity to someone then you'll get notified, there is no need for it to know the name of the pub you were in. Now, if you get notified by the app there is no legal requirement for you to isolate but if the pub passes on the details that you wrote down and a contact tracer calls you, then legally you have to isolate
    If you are in a pub which has an outbreak, you might not trigger the proximity-duration feature but everything might be smeared with CV.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Without having used it, the check-in function seems really useful to me. Better than giving my details to someone who is going to have no clue about GDPR. It means even if the phone doesn't detect you in proximity to someone, the app can still know you were in the same location at the same time (in theory)
    Isn't that what the app without checking does anyway? If you're in close proximity to someone then you'll get notified, there is no need for it to know the name of the pub you were in. Now, if you get notified by the app there is no legal requirement for you to isolate but if the pub passes on the details that you wrote down and a contact tracer calls you, then legally you have to isolate

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    As far as I can see, all the other ones require the same level of OS'es to run on and I suspect that is due to the API from Apple and Google to allow the app to run. The main downside I can see to the English one, is there is too much in it, from scanning QR codes to the traffic light system and so on which I think is not needed. All the other ones just do contact tracking, nothing else so are very lightweight. I still don't understand why they just didn't take one that already exists, is opensource and is known to work. They would then be able to talk to at least some other contact tracing apps
    Without having used it, the check-in function seems really useful to me. Better than giving my details to someone who is going to have no clue about GDPR. It means even if the phone doesn't detect you in proximity to someone, the app can still know you were in the same location at the same time (in theory)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X