• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CoronaVirus:Covid: Which one of you is this?"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It was admin!

Surely he has not left the mods in charge....
    Everyone with an ounce of power has let it go to their heads, it seems, so why shouldn't our resident power-crazed loons be any different..?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Cheeky sod.
    As it happens I just make the top end of the reported age range. But, alas, I was not among the select few...
    An administrative oversight, I suspect...
    It was admin!

Surely he has not left the mods in charge....

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They said 40-50. Not 80-90.
    Cheeky sod.
    As it happens I just make the top end of the reported age range. But, alas, I was not among the select few...
    An administrative oversight, I suspect...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Weren't you invited?
    They said 40-50. Not 80-90.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I think we can guess what's going on here...
    Weren't you invited?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The men, aged 40-50, and women, aged 23-25,
    I think we can guess what's going on here...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    A real contractor would have gone under the radar, eating spag bol off his lap.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    French police turn back private jet of holidaymakers from UK | World news | The Guardian

And who thought this was a good idea??

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It's one of those stories where the guy isn't telling the whole story (or is an idiot)

You never pay 100% of the cost of accommodation before travelling without having travel insurance.
    In fact, if I'm booking accommodation separate to everything else, I'd want to do it direct with the hotel, and pay the balance on departure.

So I'm guessing he didn't bother getting insurance (or check that everyone in his group had it), he didn't read the terms of the contract, and he is it happy to ruin a business because of his own failings.
    Anecdotally, (i.e. according to people on radio phone-ins) insurance companies are invoking the old 'you're not insured for this specific event' clause, just like they did post 9/11 by refusing to pay out on claims due to 'terrorism'.
    I'm expecting a mass rejection of Covid-19 related claims. I doubt they will even cover airline failure soon, once the first big one goes under.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It's one of those stories where the guy isn't telling the whole story (or is an idiot)

You never pay 100% of the cost of accommodation before travelling without having travel insurance.
    In fact, if I'm booking accommodation separate to everything else, I'd want to do it direct with the hotel, and pay the balance on departure.

So I'm guessing he didn't bother getting insurance (or check that everyone in his group had it), he didn't read the terms of the contract, and he is it happy to ruin a business because of his own failings.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I have been waiting for people to take the pee out of this on FB all day but nobody took the bait.
    Granted it was between 20 people. Felt much worse for the honeymoon couple.

So far insurers have managed to keep a low profile, I can't see that lasting forever. Of course holidays are a luxury... it is money you can afford to lose.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    FTFY
    Like I GAF about that, apart from those on assisted places

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    He can still use EU regulation to claim the flights back huh?
    A few hundred quid, that'll cheer him up no end...

Edit: And that's only if the airline hasn't gone bust yet.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    He can still use EU regulation to claim the flights back huh?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    My heart bleeds. **** em. Let them visit one of the many schools that is not giving a refund on school fees.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X