• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone Planning a Holiday In June"

Collapse

• KinooOrKinog
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    World’s smallest violin for CUK member

Coronavirus: ‘We won’t get a refund on our GBP17,000 chalet’

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Was the chalet at the top of a hill??

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    World’s smallest violin for CUK member

Coronavirus: ‘We won’t get a refund on our GBP17,000 chalet’

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I've had to furlough my butler
    Is he now sleeping in the back seat of NLUK's car?

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Get cash now. Worry about refunds later.
    If they even bother - if FlyBe is an example then many of these will be operating paycheque to paycheque, so to speak. One last injection of cash before it goes tits up.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Or one can laugh at them. Do you know CUK has users who don't have butlers!

I've had to furlough my butler

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Or one can laugh at them. Do you know CUK has users who don't have house keeping teams!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    It can be quite perturbing to look at poor people.
    Or one can laugh at them. Do you know CUK has users who don't have butlers!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Just had an unpleasant thought.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    June 2021 should be great - vaccine is expected by then...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I don't think it's the transport that's the issue.

I would seem the OP has decided the Dominican Republic is a third world country and therefore not deserving of a visit from them and their family. However, a quick trip to look at the poor was acceptable at time of booking.

It's understandable. It can be quite perturbing to look at poor people.
    He could always see whether Branson has availability on Necker, he hates poor people so there should be no such issue for the OP if going there

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Why can't one just arrange their own transport?

I don't think it's the transport that's the issue.

I would seem the OP has decided the Dominican Republic is a third world country and therefore not deserving of a visit from them and their family. However, a quick trip to look at the poor was acceptable at time of booking.

It's understandable. It can be quite perturbing to look at poor people.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Call the whover you booked it with and see what their policy is. Did you take out travel insurance at the same time, or soon after, booking? Some insurances will pay out if you booked the holiday before (I think) the 23rd March where the tour operator won't give a full refund on cancellation.

Also, depending on who you booked with, you need consider whether they will still exist to refund you if you leave until closer to the time.

Why can't one just arrange their own transport?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by pjt View Post
    I have a holiday booked for the end of June to the Dominican Republic. Hoping it gets cancelled. Can't say I'm overly keen on taking my family to a 3rd world country while this is still going on.
    Call the whover you booked it with and see what their policy is. Did you take out travel insurance at the same time, or soon after, booking? Some insurances will pay out if you booked the holiday before (I think) the 23rd March where the tour operator won't give a full refund on cancellation.

Also, depending on who you booked with, you need consider whether they will still exist to refund you if you leave until closer to the time.

Leave a comment:

• pjt
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    FCO advise that all non-essential travel is now off indefinitely. It was supposed to be "up for review" on 16th April

Foreign Office warns Brits to avoid travelling abroad indefinitely - Manchester Evening News
    I have a holiday booked for the end of June to the Dominican Republic. Hoping it gets cancelled. Can't say I'm overly keen on taking my family to a 3rd world country while this is still going on.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Luckily I got a refund from Lufthansa as I was meant to be in Poughkeepsie last week. Had booked the ticket as one of those ones where you can cancel as even back when I booked it, wasn't too sure if travel would be curtailed, and as soon as the meetings were announced that they would be 'virtual' cancelled and they paid up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X