• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: immunity passport

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "immunity passport"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Let's get coronavirus done!
    Good man, that's the spirit

Completed it, mate

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I bloody hope so, otherwise the fight for freedom wouldn't have been worth it
    Let's get coronavirus done!

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Will it be a blue passport?
    I bloody hope so, otherwise the fight for freedom wouldn't have been worth it

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Will it be a blue passport?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Are full stops in short supply during Covid...
    I'm hoarding them, but you can have some.
    Yöü give me thät fälse dichötömy cräp, yöü cän cräm it üp yöür äss.
    Though why he should shove a false dichotomy up his donkey rather than his arse, I don't quite follow.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    We can all by and large survive a few months of this. Fast forward 6 to 12 months when we are still waiting for a vaccine and 50% of the world is back to normal and the other 50% are still stuck at home - Insults alone aren't going to work / help.

We need a better strategy than this. Cracks are already showing in Spain with the public finding it hard to deal with both the lock down and the increasingly heavy handed approach of the police.
    It’s only heavy handed for those who breach lockdown - same should be here and fast, otherwise we’d be sitting at home without electricity because most people won’t be able to afford it.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    Here here
    I'm very worried how this is going to turn out in India already.
    I was just talking to Mrs MM about it last night.
    It has already got into the biggest slum there

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    ....But once , or questionably, if it gets out into Africa, India etc in a big way, we are going to see a lot of projects coming back onshore......
    Here here

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    the world is back to normal
    Hopefully, there will be a new normal - I'm really hoping this is the catalyst to something positive, a re-balancing.

I mean , statistically, this isn't as scary as it looks to some people, we have an infection rate (at the moment) of 0.005% of the population, if my maths isn't crap. But once , or questionably, if it gets out into Africa, India etc in a big way, we are going to see a death toll that will be statistically significant on a world scale. I've always been a believer that people have to experience things for themselves, to have a real empathy or care for others in similar circumstances. Once this is over in the UK etc, watching it unfold in less capable countries , may change things?

Its the "normal world" that's arguably put us here - there's no co-incidence that the growth in air transport and density of cities has resulted in 3 major outbreaks of disease in the last 15 years or so. Air travel has at least doubled since 2005.

Whatever your views on the issues of the day, like world poverty, climate change, supercaptialism etc - these things have all contributed to this risk. Many people called this after SARS ; we may actually start planning ahead again and also bringing the economy a little closer to home? (JIT international supply chains must be a dying concept now)

More people home working, more use of technology for meetings, less reliance on global supply chains, less waste, and less global travel - would all be welcome in my world.

Or, it could be, it gets forgotten about, like human nature and everything returns to normal and we have another in 10 years time. This isn't the once in a 100 year thing that some people seem to be saying , we've had 3 outbreaks of coronaviruses and the only thing thats helped is its own lethality. If the previous outbreaks were less lethal we'd be in serious trouble.
    Last edited by Scoobos; 3 April 2020, 14:41.

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    Even worse, it might make sense for each individual person to go to the hospital and lick the handrails in order to catch it and they will %99 be fine. But when everyone does it, those %1 of losers will add extra pressure and the NHS staff will certainly die in greater numbers. It will be interesting to see if people are willing to kill others for their own selfishness.
    We can all by and large survive a few months of this. Fast forward 6 to 12 months when we are still waiting for a vaccine and 50% of the world is back to normal and the other 50% are still stuck at home - Insults alone aren't going to work / help.

We need a better strategy than this. Cracks are already showing in Spain with the public finding it hard to deal with both the lock down and the increasingly heavy handed approach of the police.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    I think its come from China / HK or Singapore - I read something yesterday that was saying they were resuming flights , but would be issuing 'travel passes' to those able to do so.
    I think it's part of the app that China uses to monitor their citizens. The passport won't be paper, it will be a status than can be displayed as part of the NHS app in development right now.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Even worse, it might make sense for each individual person to go to the hospital and lick the handrails in order to catch it and they will %99 be fine. But when everyone does it, those %1 of losers will add extra pressure and the NHS staff will certainly die in greater numbers. It will be interesting to see if people are willing to kill others for their own selfishness.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    This is the government in fantasy land again and getting advice from non-medical people, probably their behavioral unit again. No-one know if you're going to be immune to it if you've already had it. For all anyone knows you could get it again and it could be worse, absolute tosh.
    I think its come from China / HK or Singapore - I read something yesterday that was saying they were resuming flights , but would be issuing 'travel passes' to those able to do so.

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    It's going to be interesting how the ratio of testing works out. The antibody test mostly serves the purpose of getting people back at work and the economy going again. The antigen test is necessary to treat patients, allow doctors to get back to work in order to treat more patients and slow the spread in order to save lives. There's not enough capacity for both, actually right now there's not enough capacity for either.

It's going to be pretty obvious when the government decides where resources are going to be devoted and whether they choose to sacrifice the old, disabled and statistically unlucky over the economy.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    This is the government in fantasy land again and getting advice from non-medical people, probably their behavioral unit again. No-one know if you're going to be immune to it if you've already had it. For all anyone knows you could get it again and it could be worse, absolute tosh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X