• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Private school refund"

Collapse

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Good question, but I pay for insurance I'm hoping that will cover a refund.
    I haven't got one, but from what I remember these insurances are to pay the fees in case you're not able to pay for them any more due to illness or unemployment

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Good question, but I pay for insurance I'm hoping that will cover a refund.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    As I corrected a audit partner 30 years ago so we could head to the pub, look at the date on the transaction, they had £30m in cash on the day in question.
    £ 30 mln 24 hour loan at the end of the year....

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    As I pay £120 per school day per child was wondering if anybody on here has ever tried to get a refund from private schools and were you successful?
    There's more chance of Donald Trump becoming president of the US, Boris becoming Prime Minister and the world collapsing due a pandemic.

In other words, I seriously doubt you'll get a refund but you never know.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I checked their balance sheet and they have 30 million in cash
    As I corrected a audit partner 30 years ago so we could head to the pub, look at the date on the transaction, they had £30m in cash on the day in question.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I suspect the school is now heading rapidly towards bankruptcy and you will be at the bottom of the list of unsecured creditors.
    I checked their balance sheet and they have 30 million in cash

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
    Do you pay per day? i.e are you invoiced by the school 20x£120x number of children every month?

I pay the school fees on a term by term basis with the payments being split throughout but the contractual terms are for a term with 1 term notice period...

getting a pro rata refund might be tricky.
    No I pay per term, I just divided the annual school fees + mandatory meal costs by the number of actual school days per year

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    As I pay £120 per school day per child was wondering if anybody on here has ever tried to get a refund from private schools and were you successful?
    I suspect the school is now heading rapidly towards bankruptcy and you will be at the bottom of the list of unsecured creditors.

Leave a comment:

• Bluespider
    replied
    Do you pay per day? i.e are you invoiced by the school 20x£120x number of children every month?

I pay the school fees on a term by term basis with the payments being split throughout but the contractual terms are for a term with 1 term notice period...

getting a pro rata refund might be tricky.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Good lawyer is £ 500 per hour.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    started a topic Private school refund

Private school refund

Working...
X